The Economics of Fisheries Law Enforcement
AbstractThis article addresses the interface between law and the morality of civil society. It starts with a review of the discourse between the utilitarian approach to rationality and perspectives which include normative action. It subsequently explores the ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 64 (1985)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Frost & Peder Andersen & Ayoe Hoff, 2013. "Management of Complex Fisheries: Lessons Learned from a Simulation Model," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 61(2), pages 283-307, 06.
- Elizabeth J. Z. Robinson, 2004.
"Wanted dead and alive: Are hunting and protection of endangered species compatible?,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2004-20, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Elizabeth Robinson, 2004. "Wanted dead and alive: Are hunting and protection of endangered species compatible?," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2004-20, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Elizabeth Robinson, 2004. "Wanted dead and alive: Are hunting and protection of endangered species compatible?," Development and Comp Systems 0409066, EconWPA.
- Louis Hotte, 2005.
"Natural-resource exploitation with costly enforcement of property rights,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 497-521, July.
- HOTTE, Louis, 1997. "Natural-Resource Exploitation with Costly Enforcement of Property Rights," Cahiers de recherche 9720, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Elizabeth J. Z. Robinson, 2004.
"Land Encroachment: India’s Disappearing Common Lands,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2004-28, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Elizabeth Robinson, 2004. "Land Encroachment: India`s Disappearing Common Lands," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2004-28, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Joel Kincaid, 2004. "A note on some determinants of property rights in U.S. marine fisheries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(6), pages 1-11.
- Arnason, Ragnar, 2009. "Fisheries management and operations research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(3), pages 741-751, March.
- Jensen, Frank, 2008. "Uncertainty and asymmetric information: An overview," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 89-103, January.
- Melstrom, Richard T. & Horan, Richard D., 2013. "Managing excessive predation in a predator-endangered prey setting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 85-93.
- Akpalu, Wisdom, 2011. "Determinants of noncompliance with light attraction regulation among inshore fishers in Ghana," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 172-177, April.
- Urs Steiner Brandt & Niels Vestergaard, 2006. "Illegal Landings: An Aggregate Catch Self-Reporting Mechanism," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(4), pages 974-985.
- Viswanathan, K. Kuperan & Jahan, K.M., 2010. "Noncompliance a major threat in fisheries management-Experiences from the artisanal coastal fisheries of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 32330, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2011.
- Mai Dao & George Ofori, 2010. "Determinants of firm compliance to environmental laws: a case study of Vietnam," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 91-112, June.
- Rögnvaldur Hannesson, 2011. "When is fish quota enforcement worth while? A study of the Northeast Arctic cod," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 139-160, July.
- Gregory S. Amacher & Erkki Koskela & Markku Ollikainen, 2004. "Socially Optimal Royalty Design and Illegal Logging under Alternative Penalty Schemes," CESifo Working Paper Series 1131, CESifo Group Munich.
- Turner, Matthew A., 1997. "Quota-Induced Discarding in Heterogeneous Fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 186-195, June.
- Jensen, Frank & Vestergaard, Niels, 2002. "Moral hazard problems in fisheries regulation: the case of illegal landings and discard," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 281-299, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.