Expanding Contingent Value Sample Estimates to Aggregate Benefit Estimates: Current Practices and Proposed Solutions
AbstractA mail survey was administered to a panel of Colorado consumers to obtain estimates of willingness to pay (WTP) for preserving Union Park. Detailed socioeconomic data for all surveyed individuals was available a priori. We develop and employ the multiple-...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 63 (1987)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kline, Jeffrey & Wichelns, Dennis, 1998. "Measuring heterogeneous preferences for preserving farmland and open space," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 211-224, August.
- Peter A. Groothuis & George Van Houtven & John C. Whitehead, 1998.
"Using Contingent Valuation to Measure the Compensation Required to Gain Community Acceptance of a Lulu: the Case of a Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 26(3), pages 231-249, May.
- Peter A. Groothuis & George Van Houtven & John C. Whitehead, . "Using Contingent Valuation to Measure the Compensation Required to Gain Community Acceptance of a LULU: The Case of a Hazardous Waste Disposal Facility," Working Papers 9709, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Swallow, Stephen K. & Bauer, Dana Marie, 2002. "Stated Preferences And Length Of Residency In Rural Communities: Are Development And Conservation Values Heterogeneous?," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19683, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lyssenko, Nikita & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2009. "`Been there done that': Disentangling option value effects from user heterogeneity when valuing natural resources with a use component," MPRA Paper 21976, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Apr 2010.
- Barbara Baarsma, 2003.
"The Valuation of the IJmeer Nature Reserve using Conjoint Analysis,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 25(3), pages 343-356, July.
- Barbara E. Baarsma, 2004. "The Valuation of the IJmeer Nature Reserve using Conjoint Analysis," Others 0404006, EconWPA.
- Stefanos Xenarios & Kostas Bithas, 2009. "Welfare Improvisation from the Receiving Waters of Urban Wastewater Systems in the Context of the Water Framework Directive," Water Resources Management, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 981-1000, March.
- Martínez-Espiñeira, Roberto & Lyssenko, Nikita, 2011. "Correcting for the endogeneity of pro-environment behavioral choices in contingent valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1435-1439, June.
- Kristin Jakobsson & Andrew Dragun, 2001. "The Worth of a Possum: Valuing Species with the Contingent Valuation Method," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(3), pages 211-227, July.
- Ethier, Robert G. & Poe, Gregory L. & Schulze, William D. & Clark, Jeremy, 1997.
"A Comparison Of Hypothetical Phone And Mail Contingent Valuation Responses For Green Pricing Electricity Programs,"
7245, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Robert G. Ethier & Gregory L. Poe & William D. Schulze & Jeremy Clark, 2000. "Comparison of Hypothetical Phone and Mail Contingent Valuation Responses for Green-Pricing Electricity Programs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(1), pages 54-67.
- MacMillan, Douglas & Hanley, Nick & Buckland, Steve, 1995. "Valuing Biodiversity Losses Due To Acid Deposition: A Contingent Valuation Study Of Uncertain Environmental Gains," Discussion Papers in Ecological Economics 140539, University of Stirling, Department of Economics.
- Hanley, Nicholas & Hynes, Stephen & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2008. "A combinatorial optimisation approach to non-market environmental benefit aggregation," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-08, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Jette Jacobsen & Nick Hanley, 2009.
"Are There Income Effects on Global Willingness to Pay for Biodiversity Conservation?,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 43(2), pages 137-160, June.
- Hanley, Nicholas & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl, 2008. "Are there income effects on global willingness to pay for biodiversity conservation?," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-03, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.