An Assessment of Measurement Error Bias for Estimating the Effect of Mental Distress on Income
AbstractAnalyzing data on 2,225 men and 2,401 women from the National Comorbidity Survey, the authors examine the impact of psychiatric disorders on employment and, among those employed, work hours and income. They find that psychiatric disorders significantly ..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Journal of Human Resources.
Volume (Year): 26 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://jhr.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegr�a & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2007.
"Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1069-1090.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & Mingshan Lu & David Takeuchi, 2005. "Psychiatric Disorders and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the National Latino and Asian American Study," NBER Working Papers 11893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berndt, Ernst R. & Finkelstein, Stan N. & Greenberg, Paul E. & Howland, Robert H. & Keith, Alison & Rush, A. John & Russell, James & Keller, Martin B., 1998. "Workplace performance effects from chronic depression and its treatment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 511-535, October.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2000-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & David Takeuchi, 2009. "Racial/Ethnic Differences in the Effects of Psychiatric Disorders on Employment," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 37(3), pages 243-257, September.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile, 2004.
"Child Mental Health and Human Capital Accumulation: The Case of ADHD,"
NBER Working Papers
10435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & Stabile, Mark, 2006. "Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1094-1118, November.
- Pinka Chatterji & Margarita Alegria & David Takeuchi, 2008.
"Psychiatric Disorders and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey - Replication,"
NBER Working Papers
14404, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chatterji, Pinka & Alegria, Margarita & Takeuchi, David, 2011. "Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: Evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey-Replication," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 858-868.
- Bardasi, Elena & Francesconi, Marco, 2000.
"The Effect of Non-Standard Employment on Mental Health in Britain,"
IZA Discussion Papers
232, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Susan L. Ettner & Richard G. Frank & Ronald C. Kessler, 1997. "The Impact of Psychiatric Disorders on Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 5989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victoria D. Ojeda & Richard G. Frank & Thomas G. McGuire & Todd P. Gilmer, 2010. "Mental illness, nativity, gender and labor supply," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 396-421.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.