The Relationships between the Socio-Economic Profile of Farmers and Paddy Productivity in North-West Selangor, Malaysia
AbstractThis study analyses the relationships between the paddy yields and the socio-economic characteristics of the farmers in the Integrated Agricultural Development Area (IADA), North-West Selangor, Malaysia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its journal Asia-Pacific Development Journal.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
Paddy productivity; socio-economic characteristics; physical characteristics; agricultural policy; Malaysia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norsida Man & Sami Ismaila Sadiya, 2009. "Off-farm employment participation among paddy farmers in the Muda Agricultural Development Authority and Kemasin Semerak granary areas of Malaysia," Asia Pacific Trade and Investment Review, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 16(2), pages 141-153, December.
- Alam, Mahmudul & Siwar, Chamhuri & Murad, Wahid & Molla, Rafiqul Islam & bin Toriman, Mohd Ekhwan, 2010. "Socioeconomic Profile Of Farmer In Malaysia: Study On Integrated Agricultural Development Area In North-West Selangor," Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 7(2), pages 249-265.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Macroeconomic Policy and Development Division, ESCAP).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.