About manifolds and determinacy in general equilibrium theory
AbstractIn this paper we prove that the social equilibrium set, of an exchange economy, with consumption space as a subset of a Banach space in a Banach manifold, and this Characterization does not depend on the number of commodities. In the way to obtain this characterization we will show that the set of social weights of equilibrium, associated with a giben distribution of the initial endowments, is finite.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chile, Department of Economics in its journal Estudios de Economia.
Volume (Year): 30 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 Year 2003 (December)
Banach Space; Banach Manifold; General Equilibrium; Equilibrium Social Weights.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enrique Covarrubias, 2010. "Regular Infinite Economies," Working Papers 2010-03, Banco de México.
- Accinelli, Elvio & Covarrubias, Enrique, 2014. "Smooth economic analysis for general spaces of commodities," MPRA Paper 53222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enrique Covarrubias, 2010. "The Equilibrium Set of Economies with a Continuous Consumption Space," Working Papers 2010-10, Banco de México.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verónica Kunze).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.