Urban Commuting Journeys Are Not "Wasteful."
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 96 (1988)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morten Marott Larsen & Ninette Pilegaard & Jos van Ommeren, 2004.
"Congestion and Residential Moving Behaviour,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-096/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Shunfeng Song, 1995.
"Does generalizing density functions better explain urban commuting? Some evidence from the Los Angeles region,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(5), pages 148-150.
- Song, Shunfeng, 1994. "Does Generalizing Density Functions Better Explain Urban Commuting? Some Evidence from the Los Angeles Region," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt353631r6, University of California Transportation Center.
- Mark Horner, 2007. "A multi-scale analysis of urban form and commuting change in a small metropolitan area (1990–2000)," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 315-332, June.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan & Hirte, Georg, 2009.
"An urban general equilibrium model with multiple household structures and travel mode choice,"
17697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan & Hirte, Georg, 2009. "An urban general equilibrium model with multiple household structures and travel mode choice," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 06/09, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Ninette Pilegaard & Morten Marott Larsen & Jos Van Ommeren, 2005. "Congestion and Residential Moving Behaviour in the presence of Moving Costs," ERSA conference papers ersa05p520, European Regional Science Association.
- Murphy, Enda, 2009. "Excess commuting and modal choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 735-743, October.
- Surprenant-Legault, Julien & Patterson, Zachary & El-Geneidy, Ahmed M., 2013. "Commuting trade-offs and distance reduction in two-worker households," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 12-28.
- Lambert van der Laan, 1998. "Commuting in multinodal urban systems: An empirical comparison of three alternative models," ERSA conference papers ersa98p252, European Regional Science Association.
- Dissanayake, Dilum & Morikawa, Takayuki, 2008. "Impact assessment of satellite centre-based telecommuting on travel and air quality in developing countries by exploring the link between travel behaviour and urban form," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 883-894, July.
- Koster, Hans R.A. & Rouwendal, Jan, 2013. "Agglomeration, commuting costs, and the internal structure of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 352-366.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2004096 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suzuki, Tsutomu & Lee, Sohee, 2012. "Jobs–housing imbalance, spatial correlation, and excess commuting," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 322-336.
- Frost, Martin & Linneker, Brian & Spence, Nigel, 1998. "Excess or wasteful commuting in a selection of British cities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 529-538, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.