The Measurement of Permanent Income and Its Application to Savings Behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 88 (1980)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristin J. Kleinjans & Jinkook Lee, 2006. "The link between individual expectations and savings: Do nursing home expectations matter?," Economics Working Papers 2006-05, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Philip Musgrove, 1987. "Ingreso y Consumo Permanente y su Relación, en Cuatro Ciudades Colombianas," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 24(71), pages 29-44.
- Patrick Honohan, 1995. "The Impact of Financial and Fiscal Policies on Saving," Papers WP059, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Stillman, Steven, 2001.
"The Response of Consumption in Russian Households to Economic Shocks,"
IZA Discussion Papers
411, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Steven Stillman, 2001. "The Response of Consumption in Russian Households to Economic Shocks," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 412, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Anupam Das, 2012. "Remittance Behavior of Migrants and its Macroeconomic Effects in Four Developing Countries," International Journal of Applied Behavioral Economics (IJABE), IGI Global, vol. 1(1), pages 41-59, January.
- Alderman, Harold, 1996. "Saving and economic shocks in rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 343-365, December.
- Charlotte Guénard & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2004.
"Mesurer les inégalités : que captent réellement les enquêtes ? Analyse de deux enquêtes ivoirienne et malgache,"
DT/2004/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation), revised Dec 2004.
- Guénard, Charlotte & Mesplé-Somps, Sandrine, 2004. "Mesurer les inégalités : que captent réellement les enquêtes ? Analyse de deux enquêtes ivoirienne et malgache," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4459, Paris Dauphine University.
- Meng, Xin, 2003. "Unemployment, consumption smoothing, and precautionary saving in urban China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 465-485, September.
- Adams, Richard H., 2002. "Precautionary saving from different sources of income - evidence from rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2761, The World Bank.
- Ashok Mishra & Hiroki Uematsu & J. Matthew Fannin, 2013. "Measuring precautionary wealth using cross-sectional data: the case of farm households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 131-141, March.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Chris Udry & Katherine Czukas, .
"Drought and Saving in West Africa: Are Livestock a Buffer Stock?,"
97013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Udry, Christopher & Czukas, Katherine, 1998. "Drought and saving in West Africa: are livestock a buffer stock?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 273-305, April.
- Christiaensen , Luc & Pan, Lei, 2012. "On the fungibility of spending and earnings -- evidence from rural China and Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6298, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.