Nobel Lecture: The Economics of Being Poor
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 88 (1980)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fields, Gary S. & Cichello, Paul & Freije, Samuel & Menéndez, Marta & Newhouse, David, 2003.
"For Richer or for Poorer ? Evidence from Indonesia, South Africa, Spain, and Venezuela,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/1560, Paris Dauphine University.
- Gary Fields & Paul Cichello & Samuel Freije & Marta Menéndez & David Newhouse, 2003. "For Richer or for Poorer? Evidence from Indonesia, South Africa, Spain, and Venezuela," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 67-99, April.
- Oriana Bandiera & Robin Burgess & Narayan Das & Selim Gulesci & Imran Rasul & Munshi Sulaiman, 2013.
"Can Basic Entrepreneurship Transform the Economic Lives of the Poor?,"
STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series
43, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Burgess, Robin & Das, Narayan & Gulesci, Selim & Rasul, Imran & Sulaiman, Munshi, 2013. "Can Basic Entrepreneurship Transform the Economic Lives of the Poor?," IZA Discussion Papers 7386, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arup Maharatna, 2008. "Development of What? An Exposition of the Politics of Development Economics," Working Papers id:1819, eSocialSciences.
- Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2008. "Economic transformation in theory and practice: What are the messages for Africa?," IFPRI discussion papers 797, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Throsby, C.D., 1986. "Agriculture in the Economy: the evolution of economists' perceptions over three centuries," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(03), December.
- McKenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2007.
"Self-selection patterns in Mexico-U.S. migration : the role of migration networks,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4118, The World Bank.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2010. "Self-Selection Patterns in Mexico-U.S. Migration: The Role of Migration Networks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 811-821, November.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2007. "Self-selection patterns in Mexico-U.S. migration: The role of migration networks," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0701, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Mark Schreiner, 2001. "Measuring Savings," Microeconomics 0108004, EconWPA, revised 27 Dec 2001.
- Terrence S. Veeman & Michele M. Veeman, 1985. "Western Canadian Agriculture: Prospects, Problems and Policy," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 11(s1), pages 301-309, July.
- Imori, Denise & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Postali, Fernando Antonio Slaibe, 2012.
"Eficiência técnica das agropecuárias familiar e patronal – diferenças regionais no Brasil
[Technical efficiency of agricultural households and business - regional differences in Brazil]," MPRA Paper 46954, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simon Fan, C., 2005. "Survival of the gene, intergenerational transfers and precautionary saving," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 451-479, April.
- Takahashi, Kazushi, 2013. "Pro-poor growth or poverty trap? : estimating intergenerational income mobility in rural Philippines," IDE Discussion Papers 382, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Chiswick, Carmel U., 2005. "An Economic Perspective on Religious Education: Complements and Substitutes in a Human Capital Portfolio," IZA Discussion Papers 1456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Takahashi, Kazushi & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2007. "Human Capital Investment and Poverty Reduction over Generations: A Case from the Rural Philippines, 1979-2003," IDE Discussion Papers 96, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Imori, Denise & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Postali, Fernando Antonio Slaibe, 2012. "Production efficiency of family farms and business farms in the Brazilian regions," MPRA Paper 46995, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lacey Ann Wrubel, 2010. "Earnings determinants for own-account workers in the urban informal economy: The case of Bogotá, Colombia," SERIE DE DOCUMENTOS EN ECONOMÃA Y VIOLENCIA 006842, CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIONES EN VIOLENCIA,INSTITUCIONES Y DESARROLLO ECONÓMICO (VIDE).
- Biswas, Basudeb & Lacey, John R. & Workman, John P. & Siddoway, Francis H., 1984. "Profit Maximization As A Management Goal On Southeastern Montana Ranches," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(01), July.
- Eliakim Katz & Hillel Rapoport, 2001. "Macroeconomic Instability, Migration, and the Option Value of Education," Working Papers 2001-17, Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University.
- Mim, Sami Ben & Ali, Mohamed Sami Ben, 2012. "Through which channels can remittances spur economic growth in MENA countries?," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 6(33), pages 1-27.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.