Modeling the Earnings and Research Productivity of Academic Economists
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 86 (1978)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ho Fai Chan & Bruno S. Frey & Jana Gallus & Benno Torgler, 2013.
"Does The John Bates Clark Medal Boost Subsequent Productivity And Citation Success?,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2013-02, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Ho Fai Chan & Bruno S. Frey & Jana Gallus & Benno Torgler, 2013. "Does the John Bates Clark Medal Boost Subsequent Productivity and Citation Success?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4419, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ho Fai Chan & Bruno S. Frey & Jana Gallus & Benno Torgler, 2013. "Does the John Bates Clark Medal boost subsequent productivity and citation success?," ECON - Working Papers 111, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ho Fai Chan & Bruno S. Frey & Jana Gallus & Benno Torgler, 2013. "Does The John Bates Clark Medal Boost Subsequent Productivity And Citation Success?," QuBE Working Papers 004, QUT Business School.
- Nicolas Carayol, 2003. "The incentive properties of the Matthew Effect in the academic competition," Working Papers of BETA 2003-11, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Bruno Frey, 2005. "Problems with Publishing: Existing State and Solutions," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 173-190, April.
- Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Dominitz, Jeff & Lee Hansen, W., 1999. "Graduate training and the early career productivity of Ph.D. economists," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 65-77, February.
- McDowell, John & Singell Jr., Larry D. & Stater, Mark, 2009. "Congratulations or condolences? The role of human capital in the cultivation of a university administrator," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 258-267, April.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006.
"Where are they Now? Tracking the Ph.D. Class of 1997,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0605, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "Where Are They Now? Tracking the Ph.D. Class of 1997," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 472â488, October.
- Siow, Aloysius, 1997. "Some evidence on the signalling role of research in academia," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 271-276, July.
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2012.
"Are academics who publish more also more cited? Individual determinants of publication and citation records,"
AMSE Working Papers
1236, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2012. "Are Academics Who Publish More Also More Cited? Individual Determinants of Publication and Citation Records," Working Papers halshs-00793647, HAL.
- Carayol, Nicolas & Matt, Mireille, 2006. "Individual and collective determinants of academic scientists' productivity," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 55-72, March.
- Pardey, Philip G., 1987.
"The Agricultural Knowledge Production Function: An Empirical Look,"
Evaluating Agricultural Research and Productivity, Proceedings of a Workshop, Atlanta, Georgia, January 29-30, 1987, Miscellaneous Publication 52
50022, University of Minnesota, Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Pardey, Philip G, 1989. "The Agricultural Knowledge Production Function: An Empirical Look," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 453-61, August.
- Ben T. Yu, 1984. "Comparative Productivity of Inventors in Emerging Research Organizations: Some Evidence from the U.S. Petroleum Industry," UCLA Economics Working Papers 331, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Felice Martinello, 2009. "Faculty Salaries in Ontario: Compression, Inversion, and the Effects of Alternative Forms of Representation," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 63(1), pages 128, October.
- Nicholas G. Rupp & Carl Nicholas McKinney Jr., .
"The Publication Patterns of the Elite Economics Departments: 1995-2000,"
0112, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas G. Rupp, 2002. "The Publication Patterns of the Elite Economics Departments: 1995-2000," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 523-538, Fall.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:1:y:2003:i:1:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruno S. Frey, . "Publishing as Prostitution? Choosing Between One‘s Own Ideas and Academic Failure," IEW - Working Papers 117, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.