A Search for Testable Implications of the Tiebout Hypothesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 86 (1978)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- IgnatiusJ. Horstmann & KimberleyA. Scharf, 2008.
"A Theory of Distributional Conflict, Voluntarism and Segregation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(527), pages 427-453, 03.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & Scharf, Kimberley Ann, 2002. "A Theory of Distributional Conflict, Voluntarism and Segregation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3625, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1989.
"On the political economy of land value capitalization and local public sector rent seeking in a Tiebout model,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 152-173, September.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph S. Tracy, 1986. "On the Political Economy of Land Value Capitalization and Local Public Sector Rent-Seeking in a Tiebout Model," NBER Working Papers 1919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa Barrow & Cecilia Elena Rouse, 2000.
"Using Market Valuation to Assess the Importance and Efficiency of Public School Spending,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1446, Econometric Society.
- Lisa Barrow & Cecilia Elena Rouse, 2000. "Using market valuation to assess the importance and efficiency of public school spending," Working Paper Series WP-00-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lisa Barrow & Cecilia Rouse, 2000. "Using Market Valuation to Assess the Importance and Efficiency of Public School Spending," Working Papers 817, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Sylvie Charlot & Sonia Paty & Michel Visalli, 2013.
"Assessing the impact of local taxation on property prices: a spatial matching contribution,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1151-1166, March.
- Charlot, S. & Paty, S. & Visalli, M., 2011. "Assessing the impact of local taxation on property prices: a spatial matching contribution," Working Papers 201106, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Thomas J. Nechyba & Robert P. Strauss, 1997.
"Community Choice and Local Public Services: A Discrete Choice Approach,"
NBER Working Papers
5966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nechyba, Thomas J. & Strauss, Robert P., 1998. "Community choice and local public services: A discrete choice approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 51-73, January.
- Lisa Barrow & Cecilia Elena Rouse, 2002.
"Using Market Valuation to Assess Public School Spending,"
NBER Working Papers
9054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrow, Lisa & Rouse, Cecilia Elena, 2004. "Using market valuation to assess public school spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1747-1769, August.
- Ken Sanford & William Hoyt, 2009. "Is the Grass Greener on the Other Side of the River?: The Choice of Where to Work and Where to Live for Movers," Working Papers 2009-05, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Vincent Munley, 1982. "An alternate test of the Tiebout hypothesis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 211-217, January.
- Feld, Lars P., 1997. "Exit, voice and income taxes: The loyalty of voters," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 455-478, September.
- Sylvie Charlot & Sonia Paty & Michel Visalli, 2008. "Assessing the impact of local taxation on property prices: a spatial matching contribution / Evaluer l'impact de la fiscalité locale sur les prix immobiliers : une contribution de l'appariement spati," INRA UMR CESAER Working Papers 2008/3, INRA UMR CESAER, Centre d'’Economie et Sociologie appliquées à l'’Agriculture et aux Espaces Ruraux.
- Dennis Epple & Katherine Schipper, 1981. "Municipal pension funding: A theory and some evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 141-178, January.
- Heikkila, Eric J., 1996. "Are municipalities Tieboutian clubs?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 203-226, April.
- Christian A. L. Hilber, 2011. "The Economics Implications of House Price Capitalization A Survey of an Emerging Literature," SERC Discussion Papers 0091, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Firth, Michael & Gong, Stephen X. & Shan, Liwei, 2013. "Cost of government and firm value," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 136-152.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.