The Economics of Information and Retail Gasoline Price Behavior: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 84 (1976)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariano Tommasi, 1993. "Don't be Ignorant: Price Dispersion is Not a Measure of Ignorance in the Market," UCLA Economics Working Papers 699, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jacint Balaguer Coll & José C. Pernías, 2010. "Spatial density, average prices and price dispersion. Evidence from the Spanish hotel industry," Working Papers. Serie EC 2010-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Frankel, David M., 1998.
"A Pecuniary Reason for Income Mixing,"
Staff General Research Papers
11925, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- DeSarbo, Wayne S. & Choi, Jungwhan, 1998. "A latent structure double hurdle regression model for exploring heterogeneity in consumer search patterns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 423-455, November.
- Agrawal, Jagdish & Grimm, Pamela E. & Srinivasan, Narasimhan, 1994. "Quantity Surcharges on Groceries," Research Reports 25179, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- B. Pashigian & Sam Peltzman & Jeanne-Mey Sun, 2003. "Firm Responses to Income Inequality and the Cost of Time," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 253-273, June.
- Barron, John M. & Taylor, Beck A. & Umbeck, John R., 2004. "Number of sellers, average prices, and price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1041-1066, November.
- Howard Marvel, 2003. "On the Economics of Branded Open Supply," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 213-223.
- Amin, Mohammad, 2008. "Competition and demographics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4514, The World Bank.
- Martin Gaynor & Solomon Polachek, 1994. "Measuring Ignorance in the Market: A New Method with an Application to Physician Services," NBER Working Papers 3430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Biswas, Dipayan, 2004. "Economics of information in the Web economy: Towards a new theory?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 724-733, July.
- Mariano Tommasi, 1992. "Inflation and Relative Prices Evidence from Argentina," UCLA Economics Working Papers 661, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Bernd Jost, 2012. "Price Dispersion, Search Costs and Spatial Competition: Evidence from the Austrian Retail Gasoline Market," NEURUS papers neurusp166, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Barron, John M. & Umbeck, John R. & Waddell, Glen R., 2008. "Consumer and competitor reactions: Evidence from a field experiment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 517-531, March.
- Peter Pashigian & Jeanne-Mey Sun, 1999. "Firm Responses to Growing Ineguality in Income and the Cost of Time," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 153, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Marvel, Howard P., 1995. "Tying, franchising, and gasoline service stations," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1-2), pages 199-225, October.
- Ronald Johnson, 2002. "Search Costs, Lags and Prices at the Pump," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 33-50, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.