The Economics of Information and Retail Gasoline Price Behavior: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 84 (1976)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Howard Marvel, 2003. "On the Economics of Branded Open Supply," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 213-223.
- Bernd Jost, 2012. "Price Dispersion, Search Costs and Spatial Competition: Evidence from the Austrian Retail Gasoline Market," NEURUS papers neurusp166, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Frankel, David M., 1998.
"A Pecuniary Reason for Income Mixing,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 158-169, July.
- Amin, Mohammad, 2008. "Competition and demographics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4514, The World Bank.
- Barron, John M. & Taylor, Beck A. & Umbeck, John R., 2004. "Number of sellers, average prices, and price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1041-1066, November.
- DeSarbo, Wayne S. & Choi, Jungwhan, 1998. "A latent structure double hurdle regression model for exploring heterogeneity in consumer search patterns," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 423-455, November.
- Peter Pashigian & Jeanne-Mey Sun, 1999. "Firm Responses to Growing Ineguality in Income and the Cost of Time," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 153, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- B. Pashigian & Sam Peltzman & Jeanne-Mey Sun, 2003. "Firm Responses to Income Inequality and the Cost of Time," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 253-273, June.
- Martin Gaynor & Solomon Polachek, 1994. "Measuring Ignorance in the Market: A New Method with an Application to Physician Services," NBER Working Papers 3430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariano Tommasi, 1992. "Inflation and Relative Prices Evidence from Argentina," UCLA Economics Working Papers 661, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Biswas, Dipayan, 2004. "Economics of information in the Web economy: Towards a new theory?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 724-733, July.
- Barron, John M. & Umbeck, John R. & Waddell, Glen R., 2008. "Consumer and competitor reactions: Evidence from a field experiment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 517-531, March.
- Agrawal, Jagdish & Grimm, Pamela E. & Srinivasan, Narasimhan, 1994. "Quantity Surcharges on Groceries," Research Reports 25179, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Marvel, Howard P., 1995. "Tying, franchising, and gasoline service stations," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1-2), pages 199-225, October.
- Jacint Balaguer Coll & José C. Pernías, 2010. "Spatial density, average prices and price dispersion. Evidence from the Spanish hotel industry," Working Papers. Serie EC 2010-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Mariano Tommasi, 1993. "Don't be Ignorant: Price Dispersion is Not a Measure of Ignorance in the Market," UCLA Economics Working Papers 699, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ronald Johnson, 2002. "Search Costs, Lags and Prices at the Pump," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 33-50, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.