The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Spending on Property Values: A Theoretical Comment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 84 (1976)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Byron F. Lutz, 2009. "Fiscal amenities, school finance reform and the supply side of the Tiebout market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Duranton, Gilles & Deo, Stephane, 1999. "Financing Productive Local Public Goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 264-286, March.
- Seija Parviainen, 1998. "Redistribution and Risk Sharing in EMU," Discussion Papers 159, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Bryan Ellickson, 1977. "Local Public Goods and the Market for Neighborhoods," UCLA Economics Working Papers 100, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Nechyba, Thomas J. & Strauss, Robert P., 1998.
"Community choice and local public services: A discrete choice approach,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 51-73, January.
- Thomas J. Nechyba & Robert P. Strauss, 1997. "Community Choice and Local Public Services: A Discrete Choice Approach," NBER Working Papers 5966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald Haurin & David Brasington, 1996. "The Impact of School Quality on Real House Prices: Interjurisdictional Effects," Working Papers 010, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- IgnatiusJ. Horstmann & KimberleyA. Scharf, 2008.
"A Theory of Distributional Conflict, Voluntarism and Segregation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(527), pages 427-453, 03.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & Scharf, Kimberley Ann, 2002. "A Theory of Distributional Conflict, Voluntarism and Segregation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3625, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ozturk, Erdogan & Irwin, Elena G., 2001. "Explaining Household Location Choices Using A Spatial Probit Model," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20626, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Palmon, Oded & Smith, Barton A., 1998. "A New Approach for Identifying the Parameters of a Tax Capitalization Model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 299-316, September.
- Zodrow, George R., 2001. "The Property Tax as a Capital Tax: A Room with Three Views," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(n. 1), pages 139-56, March.
- Chi-Yuan Tsai, 1982. "Taxes and residential choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 55-72, March.
- Bohanon, Cecil & Keil, Stanley R., 2000. "Property Tax Changes: A Case Study of a Small Open Region," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 30(2).
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & Scharf, Kimberley Ann, 1999. "The New Federalism: Distributional Conflict, Voluntarism and Segregation," CEPR Discussion Papers 2273, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.