Taxation and National Defense
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 82 (1974)
Issue (Month): 4 (July/Aug.)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ingrid Ott & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2005.
"Excludable and Non-excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
2, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Ingrid Ott & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2006. "Excludable and Non-excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(292), pages 725-748, November.
- Ott Ingrid & Stephen Turnovsky, 2005. "Excludable and Non-excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth," Working Papers UWEC-2006-02-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Ingrid Ott & Stephen Turnovsky, 2005. "Excludable and Non-Excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 1423, CESifo Group Munich.
- Richardson, Gary, 2004. "Guilds, laws, and markets for manufactured merchandise in late-medieval England," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Liu, Tao-Xiong & Hu, An-Gang & Zhou, Bi-Hua, 2011. "Defense Expenditure and Economic Growth under External Predation," MPRA Paper 29286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Rosaria CARILLO & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2002. "The Enigma of Medieval Craft Guilds: A Model of Social Inertia and Technological Change," Working Papers 167, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Sala-I-Martin, X. & Barro, R.J., 1991.
"Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth,"
640, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Earl Thompson, 2000. "Why World Oil Monopolization Lowers Oil Prices: A Theory of Involuntary Cartelization," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 63-78.
- Malcolm Knight & Norman Loayza & Delano Villanueva, 1996.
"The Peace Dividend: Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Knight, Malcolm & Loayza, Norman & Villanueva, Delano, 1996. "The peace dividend : military spending cuts and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1577, The World Bank.
- Malcolm D. Knight & Delano Villanueva & Norman Loayza, 1995. "The Peace Dividend - Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 95/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Earl A. Thompson, 1977. "An Economic Basis for the "National Defense Argument" for Protecting Certain Industries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 084, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto & Spolaore, Enrico, 2005.
"War, peace, and the size of countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(7), pages 1333-1354, July.
- Spolaore, Enrico & Alesina, Alberto, 2005. "War, Peace, and the Size of Countries," Scholarly Articles 4553002, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Enrico Spolaore & Alberto Alesina, 2001. "War, Peace and the Size of Countries," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1937, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Gonzalez, M. & Wen, W., 2007. "The Supply of Social Insurance," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0772, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hsiao-wen Hung, 2007. "First-best tax policy, congestion, and imperfect competition," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 66-79, March.
- Earl A. Thompson, 1975. "An Economic Basis for the "National Defense Argument" for Protecting Certain Domestic Industries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 065, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Enrico Spolaore, 2004. "Economic Integration, International Conflict and Political Unions," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(5), pages 3-50, September.
- Auteri, Monica & Costantini, Mauro, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: The Case of the Italian Regions," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 34(1), pages 72-94.
- Martin Mcguire, 2002. "Property distribution and configurations of sovereign states: A rational economic model," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 251-270.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.