Taxation and National Defense
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 82 (1974)
Issue (Month): 4 (July/Aug.)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ott Ingrid & Stephen Turnovsky, 2005.
"Excludable and Non-excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth,"
UWEC-2006-02-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Ingrid Ott & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2006. "Excludable and Non-excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(292), pages 725-748, November.
- Ingrid Ott & Stephen Turnovsky, 2005. "Excludable and Non-Excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 1423, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ingrid Ott & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2005. "Excludable and Non-excludable Public Inputs: Consequences for Economic Growth," Working Paper Series in Economics 2, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto & Spolaore, Enrico, 2005.
"War, peace, and the size of countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(7), pages 1333-1354, July.
- Spolaore, Enrico & Alesina, Alberto, 2005. "War, Peace, and the Size of Countries," Scholarly Articles 4553002, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Enrico Spolaore & Alberto Alesina, 2001. "War, Peace and the Size of Countries," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1937, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Malcolm Knight & Norman Loayza & Delano Villanueva, 1996.
"The Peace Dividend: Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Malcolm D. Knight & Delano Villanueva & Norman Loayza, 1995. "The Peace Dividend - Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 95/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Knight, Malcolm & Loayza, Norman & Villanueva, Delano, 1996. "The peace dividend : military spending cuts and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1577, The World Bank.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1990.
"Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Earl A. Thompson, 1975. "An Economic Basis for the "National Defense Argument" for Protecting Certain Domestic Industries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 065, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Earl A. Thompson, 1977. "An Economic Basis for the "National Defense Argument" for Protecting Certain Industries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 084, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Martin Mcguire, 2002. "Property distribution and configurations of sovereign states: A rational economic model," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 251-270.
- Richardson, Gary, 2004. "Guilds, laws, and markets for manufactured merchandise in late-medieval England," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Earl Thompson, 2000. "Why World Oil Monopolization Lowers Oil Prices: A Theory of Involuntary Cartelization," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 63-78.
- Hsiao-wen Hung, 2007. "First-best tax policy, congestion, and imperfect competition," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 66-79, March.
- Gonzalez, M. & Wen, W., 2007. "The Supply of Social Insurance," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0772, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Liu, Tao-Xiong & Hu, An-Gang & Zhou, Bi-Hua, 2011. "Defense Expenditure and Economic Growth under External Predation," MPRA Paper 29286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Rosaria CARILLO & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2002. "The Enigma of Medieval Craft Guilds: A Model of Social Inertia and Technological Change," Working Papers 167, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Enrico Spolaore, 2004. "Economic Integration, International Conflict and Political Unions," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(5), pages 3-50, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.