Education and the Derived Demand for Children
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 81 (1973)
Issue (Month): 2 (Part II, March-April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Schultz, T. Paul, 1987.
"Fertility and Investments in Human Capital: Estimates of the Consequences of Imperfect Fertility Control in Malaysia,"
7513, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Paul Schultz, T., 1987. "Fertility and investments in human capital : Estimates of the consequence of imperfect fertility control in Malaysia," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 163-184.
- Andalón, Mabel & Williams, Jenny & Grossman, Michael, 2014. "Empowering Women: The Effect of Schooling on Young Women's Knowledge and Use of Contraception," IZA Discussion Papers 7900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Troske, Kenneth & Voicu, Alexandru, 2009.
"The Effect of the Timing and Spacing of Births on the Level of Labor Market Involvement of Married Women,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4417, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kenneth Troske & Alexandru Voicu, 2013. "The effect of the timing and spacing of births on the level of labor market involvement of married women," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 483-521, August.
- W. Hicks, 1974. "Economic development and fertility change in Mexico, 1950–1970," Demography, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 407-421, August.
- Jaime Vallés Giménez & Anabel Zárate Marco, 2005. "La influencia de la deducción por descendientes en el tamaño de la familia. Un ejercicio con microdatos para España," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 175(4), pages 61-101, december.
- Jona Schellekens, 2009. "Family allowances and fertility: Socioeconomic differences," Demography, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 451-468, August.
- James Cramer, 1979. "Employment trends ofyoung mothers and the opportunity cost of babies in the United States," Demography, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 177-197, May.
- Barbara Janowitz, 1976. "An analysis of the impact of education on family size," Demography, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 189-198, May.
- Justin McCrary & Heather Royer, 2011.
"The Effect of Female Education on Fertility and Infant Health: Evidence from School Entry Policies Using Exact Date of Birth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(1), pages 158-95, February.
- Justin McCrary & Heather Royer, 2006. "The Effect of Female Education on Fertility and Infant Health: Evidence from School Entry Policies Using Exact Date of Birth," NBER Working Papers 12329, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael, 2006.
"Education and Nonmarket Outcomes,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- Marshall Medoff, 2008. "The Response of Abortion Demand to Changes in Abortion Costs," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 329-346, June.
- Marshall Medoff, 2007. "Price, Restrictions and Abortion Demand," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 583-599, December.
- Arleen Leibowitz, 1974. "Production Within the Household," NBER Working Papers 0027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Troske, Kenneth & Voicu, Alexandru, 2009. "The Effect of Children on the Level of Labor Market Involvement of Married Women: What is the Role of Education?," IZA Discussion Papers 4074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Julian Simon, 1975. "Puzzles and further explorations in the interrelationships of successive births with husband’s income, spouses’ education and race," Demography, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 259-274, May.
- Cheng, Benjamin S. & Nwachukwu, Savior L. S., 1997. "The effect of education on fertility in Taiwan: A time series analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 95-99, September.
- Medoff, Marshall H., 1999. "An estimate of teenage abortion demand," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 175-184, July.
- Medoff, Marshall H., 2003. "The impact of anti-abortion activities on state abortion rates," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 265-282, July.
- Luis Fernando Gamboa & Nohora Forero Ramírez, 2008. "Fertility and schooling: how this relation changed between 1995 and 2005 in Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 004711, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.