The Allocation of Effort under Uncertainty: The Case of Risk-averse Behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 81 (1973)
Issue (Month): 2 (Part I, March-April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jianli Wang & Pu Gong, 2013. "Labor supply with stochastic wage rate and non-labor income uncertainty," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 41-55, May.
- Yaakov Kareev & Judith Avrahami, 2006. "Choosing Between Adaptive Agents: Some Unexpected Implications of Level of Scrutiny," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000521, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jouini, Elyès & Napp, Clotilde & Nocetti, Diego, 2013.
"Economic consequences of Nth-degree risk increases and Nth-degree risk attitudes,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/12392, Paris Dauphine University.
- Elyès Jouini & Clotilde Napp & Diego Nocetti, 2013. "Economic consequences of Nth-degree risk increases and Nth-degree risk attitudes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 199-224, October.
- Nocetti, Diego & Napp, Clotilde & Jouini, Elyès, 2012. "Economic Consequences of Nth-Degree Risk Increases and Nth-Degree Risk Attitudes," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11094, Paris Dauphine University.
- Elyès Jouini & Clotilde Napp & Diego Nocetti, 2013. "Economic Consequences of Nth-Degree Risk Increases and Nth-Degree Risk Attitudes," Post-Print halshs-00927270, HAL.
- Rose, Elaina, 2001. "Ex ante and ex post labor supply response to risk in a low-income area," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 371-388, April.
- Dawson, P. J., 1988. "Labour on the Family Farm: a Theory under Uncertainty," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(4), January.
- Yaakov Kareev & Judith Avrahami, 2006. "Choosing Between Adaptive Agents: Some Unexpected Implications of Level of Scrutiny," Discussion Paper Series dp436, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Rizov, Marian, 2005. "Pull and push: individual farming in Hungary," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 43-62, February.
- Yaniv, Gideon, 1998. "Phobic disorder, psychotherapy, and risk-taking: an economic perspective," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-243, April.
- Ira N. Gang & Thomas Bauer, 2000. "Return Migrants From Egypt: How Long Did They Stay Abroad?," Departmental Working Papers 199811, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher BARRETT, 1993.
"On The Price Risk And The Inverse Farm Size-Productivity Relationship,"
369, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Christopher Barrett, 1993. "On the Price Risk and the Inverse Farm Size-Productivity Relationship," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 369, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- CHIU, W. Henry & EECKHOUDT, Louis, .
"The effects of stochastic wages and non-labor income on labor supply: update and extensions,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2208, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- W. Chiu & Louis Eeckhoudt, 2010. "The effects of stochastic wages and non-labor income on labor supply: update and extensions," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 69-83, May.
- Kylymnyuk, Dmytro & Wagner, Alexander K., 2012. "Commitment through risk," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 295-297.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1996. "On price risk and the inverse farm size-productivity relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 193-215, December.
- Gang, Ira N. & Bauer, Thomas K., 1998.
"Temporary Migrants From Egypt: How Long Do They Stay Abroad?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Gang, Ira, 1998. "Temporary Migrants from Egypt: How Long Do They Stay Abroad?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2003, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Eaton & Harvey S. Rosen, 1979. "Notes on Optimal Wage Taxation and Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 0388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine D. Blau & Adam J. Grossberg, 1989. "Wage and Employment Uncertainty and the Labor Force Participation Decisions of Married Women," NBER Working Papers 3081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marie-Christine Challier, 1995. "Calendrier du temps de travail et rationnements partiels," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 119(3), pages 13-30.
- Carmen F. Menezes & X. Henry Wang, 2005. "Duality, income and substitution effects for the competitive firm under price uncertainty," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 249-257.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.