Optimum Durability, Second-Hand Markets, and Planned Obsolescence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 80 (1972)
Issue (Month): 3 (May-June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Ruiz, 2003. "Another Perspective on Planned obsolescence: is there really too much Innovation?," Industrial Organization 0302001, EconWPA.
- Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj, 2000. "Why would a durable good monopolist also produce a cost-inefficient nondurable good?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 793-812, July.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GINSBURGH, Victor A., .
"Price discrimination via second-hand markets,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1078, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Canan Savaskan, 2001. "Channel Choice and Coordination in a Remanufacturing Environment," Discussion Papers 1328, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Esteban, Susanna & Shum, Matthew, . "Durable Goods Oligopoly with Secondary Markets: the Case of Automobiles," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4993, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Michael Perelman, 2006. "The neglect of replacement investment in keynesian economics," Review of Political Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 547-559.
- Heese, Hans S. & Cattani, Kyle & Ferrer, Geraldo & Gilland, Wendell & Roth, Aleda V., 2005. "Competitive advantage through take-back of used products," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 143-157, July.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & HernÃ¡ndez-Mireles, C., 2006. "When Should Nintendo Launch its Wii? Insights From a Bivariate Successive Generation Model," Research Paper ERS-2006-032-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Bitros, George C., 2009. "The Theorem of Proportionality in Mainstream Capital Theory: An Assessment of its Conceptual Foundations," MPRA Paper 17436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oliver Gürtler, 2009. "On pricing and protection of complementary products," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 209-223, November.
- Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj, 2002. "Monopoly with endogenous durability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1009-1027, June.
- George Bitros, 2010. "The theorem of proportionality in contemporary capital theory: An assessment of its conceptual foundations," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 367-401, December.
- Bruce W Hamilton & Mary Burke, 1996. "The Coase Conjecture in Continuous Time: Imperfect Durability Endogenous Durability and Aftermarkets," Economics Working Paper Archive 362, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Bruce W Hamilton & Molly Macauley, 1996.
"Competition and Car Longevity,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
361, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.