Using a Probabilistic Frontier Production Function to Measure Technical Efficiency
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 79 (1971)
Issue (Month): 4 (July-Aug.)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finn R. Førsund & Nikias Sarafoglou, 2005.
"The Tale of Two research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
446, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2005. "The tale of two research communities: The diffusion of research on productive efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 17-40, October.
- Førsund, Finn R. & Sarafoglou, Nikias, 2003. "The Tale of two Research Communities: The Diffusion of Research on Productive Efficiency," Memorandum 08/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Chiu, Yung-Ho & Chen, Yu-Chuan, 2009. "The analysis of Taiwanese bank efficiency: Incorporating both external environment risk and internal risk," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 456-463, March.
- Angela Stefania Bergantino & Enrico Musso, 2011. "The role of external factors versus managerial ability in determining seaports’ relative efficiency: An input-by-input analysis through a multi-step approach on a panel of Southern European ports," Maritime Economics and Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(2), pages 121-141, June.
- Bakhshoodeh, Mohammad & Thomson, Kenneth J., 2001. "Input and output technical efficiencies of wheat production in Kerman, Iran," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 307-313, March.
- Dusansky, Richard & Wilson, Paul W., 1995. "On the relative efficiency of alternative modes of producing a public sector output: The case of the developmentally disabled," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 608-618, February.
- Apezteguia, Belen Iraizoz & Garate, Manuel Rapun, 1997. "Technical efficiency in the Spanish agrofood industry," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 179-189, December.
- Illukpitiya, Prabodh & Yanagida, John F., 2010. "Farming vs forests: Trade-off between agriculture and the extraction of non-timber forest products," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1952-1963, August.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Kuosmanen, Natalia, 2009. "How not to measure sustainable value (and how one might)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 235-243, December.
- Georg Erber & Reinhard Madlener, 2009.
"Impact of ICT and Human Skills on the European Financial Intermediation Sector,"
Chapters in SUERF Studies,
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Erber, Georg & Madlener, Reinhard, 2008. "Impact of ICT and Human Skills on the European Financial Intermediation Sector," FCN Working Papers 5/2008, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Liu, Junming & Tone, Kaoru, 2008. "A multistage method to measure efficiency and its application to Japanese banking industry," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 75-91, June.
- Desai, Anand & Ratick, Samuel J. & Schinnar, Arie P., 2005. "Data envelopment analysis with stochastic variations in data," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 147-164, June.
- Alvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos, 2004. "Technical efficiency and farm size: a conditional analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 241-250, May.
- Pastor, Jesus T. & Ruiz, Jose L. & Sirvent, Inmaculada, 1999. "A statistical test for detecting influential observations in DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 542-554, June.
- Thompson, Russell G. & Brinkmann, Emile J. & Dharmapala, P. S. & Gonzalez-Lima, M. D. & Thrall, Robert M., 1997. "DEA/AR profit ratios and sensitivity of 100 large U.S. banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 213-229, April.
- Bojani, Antonio N. & Caudill, Steven B. & Ford, Jon M., 1998. "Small-sample properties of ML, COLS, and DEA estimators of frontier models in the presence of heteroscedasticity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 140-148, July.
- Keshvari, Abolfazl & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2013. "Stochastic non-convex envelopment of data: Applying isotonic regression to frontier estimation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 481-491.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.