Dynamic Asset Allocation for Stocks, Bonds, and Cash
AbstractClosed-form solutions for HARA optimal portfolios are obtained in a dynamic portfolio optimization model in three assets (stocks, bonds, and cash) in a Vasicek-type model of stochastic interest rates with correlated stock prices. The HARA is a buy-and-hold combination of a zero-coupon bond with maturity matching the investor's horizon and a "CRRA mutual fund." This simple characterization facilitates insights about investor behavior over time and provides explanations on the rational use of convex versus concave investment strategies. The model illuminates clearly the role of the different market parameters and relative risk aversion in portfolio strategies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Business.
Volume (Year): 76 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruder, Benjamin & Roncalli, Thierry, 2012. "Managing risk exposures using the risk budgeting approach," MPRA Paper 37246, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shi, Zhen & Werker, Bas J.M., 2012. "Short-horizon regulation for long-term investors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3227-3238.
- Hoevenaars, Roy P.M.M. & Molenaar, Roderick D.J. & Schotman, Peter C. & Steenkamp, Tom B.M., 2008.
"Strategic asset allocation with liabilities: Beyond stocks and bonds,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 2939-2970, September.
- Hoevenaars, Roy P.M.M. & Molenaar, Roderick D.J. & Schotman, Peter C. & Steenkamp, Tom B.M., 2008. "Strategic asset allocation with liabilities: beyond stocks and bonds," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23093, Maastricht University.
- Lioui, Abraham, 2007. "The asset allocation puzzle is still a puzzle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1185-1216, April.
- André De Palma & Nathalie Picard & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2009. "Prise en compte de l'attitude face au risque dans le cadre de la directive MiFID," Working Papers hal-00418892, HAL.
- Oussama Chakroun & Georges Dionne & Amélie Dugas-Sampara, 2006. "Empirical Evaluation of Investor Rationality in the Asset Allocation Puzzle," Cahiers de recherche 0635, CIRPEE.
- Eduardo Walker, 2008. "Assessing Alternative Institutional Designs For Investment Regulation In Defined Contribution Pension Funds," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 11(2), pages 121-152.
- Eduardo Walker, 2006. "Optimal Portfolios In Defined Contribution Pension Systems," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 9(2), pages 99-129.
- Zhen Shi & Bas J.M. Werker, 2011. "Economic Costs and Benefits of Imposing Short-Horizon Value-at-Risk Type Regulation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-053/2/DSF17, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.