Empirical Implications and Tests of the Contestability Hypothesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Law & Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael D. Whinston & Scott C. Collins, 1990. "Entry, Contestability, and Deregulated Airline Markets: An Event Study Analysis of People Express," NBER Working Papers 3318, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Zhang, Anming, 2008.
"Domestic Rivalry and Export Performance: Theory and Evidence from International Airline Markets,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
225, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Anming Zhang, 2009. "Domestic rivalry and export performance: theory and evidence from international airline markets," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 42(2), pages 440-468, May.
- Clougherty, Joseph A & Zhang, Anming, 2008. "Domestic Rivalry and Export Performance: Theory and Evidence from International Airline Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6871, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Anming Zhang, 2008. "Domestic Rivalry and Export Performances: Theory and Evidence from International Airline Markets," CIG Working Papers SP II 2008-12, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- David S. Evans & Michael Salinger, 2005. "Curing Sinus Headaches and Tying Law: An Empirical Analysis of Bundling Decongestants and Pain Relievers," CESifo Working Paper Series 1519, CESifo Group Munich.
- Purica, Ionut, 2010. "Nonlinear Considerations on Economic Systems’ Behaviour," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(5), pages 74-81.
- Belobaba, Peter P. & Van Acker, Jan, 1994. "Airline market concentration," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 5-14.
- Bania, Neil & Bauer, Paul W. & Zlatoper, Thomas J., 1998.
"U.S. Air Passenger Service: a Taxonomy of Route Networks, Hub Locations, and Competition,"
Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-74, March.
- Neil Bania & Paul W. Bauer & Thomas J. Zlatoper, 1992. "U.S. air passenger service: a taxonomy of route networks, hub locations, and competition," Working Paper 9216, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Shawna Grosskopf & Kathy Hayes & Lori L. Taylor & William L. Weber, 1995. "On competition and school efficiency," Working Papers 9506, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Audretsch, David B. & Baumol, William J. & Burke, Andrew E., 2001. "Competition policy in dynamic markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 613-634, April.
- Ronald Fischer, 2008. "Política comercial estratégica en el mercado aéreo chileno," Documentos de Trabajo 246, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- David S. Evans & Michael Salinger, 2004. "An Empirical Analysis of Bundling and Tying: Over-the-Counter Pain Relief and Cold Medicines," CESifo Working Paper Series 1297, CESifo Group Munich.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2005.
"The International Drivers of Domestic Airline Mergers in Twenty Nations: Integrating Industrial Organization and International Business,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2005-06, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2006. "The international drivers of domestic airline mergers in twenty nations: integrating industrial organization and international business," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 75-93.
- Devaney, Mike & Weber, Bill, 1995. "Local characteristics, contestability, and the dynamic structure of rural banking: A market study," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 271-287.
- Basant, Rakesh & Mishra, Pulak, . "Concentration and Other Determinants of Innovative Efforts in Indian Manufacturing Sector: A Dynamic Panel Data Analysis," IIMA Working Papers WP2013-02-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Jia Yan & Xiaowen Fu & Tae Oum, 2008. "Exploring Network Effects of Point-to-Point Networks: An Investigation of the Spatial Entry Patterns of Southwest Airlines," Working Papers 2008-21, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Langridge, R. & Sealey, R., 2000. "Contestability in the UK bus industry? The National Bus Company, and the "Tilling Mark II" effect," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 105-115, April.
- Clougherty, Joseph A., 2004. "Integrating Industrial Organization and International Business to Explain the Cross-National Domestic Airline Merger Phenomenon," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 19, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Michael Mazzeo, 2003. "Competition and Service Quality in the U.S. Airline Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 275-296, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.