International Migration and Income Distribution in the Philippines
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Economic Development and Cultural Change.
Volume (Year): 46 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gabriel Gonzalez-Konig & Quentin Wodon, 2005. "Remittances and Inequality," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EC200506, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
- World Bank, 2002. "Reducing Vulnerability and Increasing Opportunity : Social Protection in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14255, March.
- Céspedes, Nikita, 2011. "Remesas, Desarrollo Económico y Bienestar en el Perú," Working Papers 2011-020, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Maurice Schiff, 2008. "On the underestimation of migration’s income and poverty impact," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 267-284, September.
- Mueller, Valerie & Shariff, Abusaleh, 2009.
"Preliminary evidence on internal migration, remittances, and teen schooling in India:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
858, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2011. "Preliminary Evidence On Internal Migration, Remittances, And Teen Schooling In India," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 207-217, 04.
- Claudia Martínez Alvear & Dean Yang, 2007. "Remittances and Poverty in Migrants’ Home Areas: Evidence from the Philippines," Working Papers wp257, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Estudillo, Jonna P., 2006. "Trade, Migration, and Poverty Reduction in the Globalizing Economy: The Case of the Philippines," Working Paper Series RP2006/58, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Martin, Philip, 2009. "Migration in the Asia-Pacific Region: Trends, factors, impacts," MPRA Paper 19215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2009.
"International Migration, the Brain Drain and Poverty: A Cross-country Analysis,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(8), pages 1180-1202, 08.
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2008. "International Migration, the Brain Drain and Poverty:A Cross Country Analysis," KITeS Working Papers 212, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2008.
- Mesplé-Somps, Sandrine & Lessourd, Thomas & Gubert, Flore, 2009. "Do remittances affect poverty and inequality ? Evidence from Mali," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5836, Paris Dauphine University.
- Moises Neil V. Serino & Donghun Kim, 2011. "How Do International Remittances Affect Poverty In Developing Countries? A Quantile Regression Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 17-40, December.
- Bettin, Giulia & Paçacı Elitok, Seçil & Straubhaar, Thomas, 2012. "Causes and consequences of the downturn in financial remittances to Turkey: A descriptive approach," Edition HWWI: Chapters, in: Turkey, migration and the EU, pages 133-166 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Fida Karam, 2008. "When Migrant Remittances Are Not Everlasting, How Can Morocco Make Up?," Working Papers hal-00304885, HAL.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Eliana V. Jimenez & Richard P.C. Brown, 2008. "Assessing the poverty impacts of remittances with alternative counterfactual income estimates," Discussion Papers Series 375, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ur Rehman, Ijaz & Ahmad Mahdzan, Nurul Shahnaz, 2013. "Linkages between Income Inequality, International Remittances and Economic Growth in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 45577, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Mar 2013.
- Acosta, Pablo & Calderon, Cesar & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, Humberto, 2007.
"What is the impact of international remittances on poverty and inequality in Latin America ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4249, The World Bank.
- Acosta, Pablo & Calderon, Cesar & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, Humberto, 2008. "What is the Impact of International Remittances on Poverty and Inequality in Latin America?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 89-114, January.
- Zhu, Nong & Luo, Xubei, 2008. "The impact of remittances on rural poverty and inequality in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4637, The World Bank.
- Beyene, Berhe Mekonnen, 2012. "The Effects of International Remittances on Poverty and Inequality in Ethiopia," Memorandum 13/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.