On Risk, Transactions, and Economic Development in the Semiarid Tropics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Economic Development and Cultural Change.
Volume (Year): 37 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eggertsson, Thrainn, 1998. "Sources of Risk, Institutions for Survival, and a Game against Nature in Premodern Iceland," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1998.
"Human capital, productivity, and labor allocation in rural Pakistan,"
FCND discussion papers
48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, 1999. "Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 369-406.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, . "Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan," Working Papers 97019, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank, 2002. "Do farmers chooseto be inefficient? evidence from Bicol, Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2787, The World Bank.
- Swallow, Brent M. & Wangila, Justine & Mulatu, Woudyalew & Okello, Onyango & McCarthy, Nancy, 2000. "Collective action in space: assessing how collective action varies across an African landscape," CAPRi working papers 5, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank, 2009. "Do farmers choose to be inefficient? Evidence from Bicol," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 24-32, September.
- Ersado, Lire, 2006. "Income diversification in Zimbabwe : welfare implications from urban and rural areas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3964, The World Bank.
- Turner, Matthew D. & Williams, Timothy O., 2002. "Livestock Market Dynamics and Local Vulnerabilities in the Sahel," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 683-705, April.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Udry, Christopher & Czukas, Katherine, 1998.
"Drought and saving in West Africa: are livestock a buffer stock?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 273-305, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Chris Udry & Katherine Czukas, . "Drought and Saving in West Africa: Are Livestock a Buffer Stock?," Working Papers 97013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- BALAND, Jean-Marie & FRANCOIS, Patrick, .
"Commons as insurance and the welfare impact of privatization,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1782, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Francois, Patrick, 2005. "Commons as insurance and the welfare impact of privatization," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 211-231, February.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Patrick Francois, 2003. "Commons as Insurance and the Welfare Impact of Privatization," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/069, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Philippe Delacote, 2008. "The Safety-net Use of Non Timber Forest Products," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2008-04, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Sanchez, Nicholas, 1999. "The local variability of rainfall and tribal institutions: the case of Sudan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 263-291, July.
- Ersado, Lire, 2003. "Income diversification in Zimbabwe," FCND discussion papers 152, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.