Sequence analysis with Stata
AbstractWe describe a general strategy to analyze sequence data and introduce SQ-Ados, a bundle of Stata programs implementing the proposed strategy. The programs include several tools for describing and visualizing sequences as well as a Mata library to perform optimal matching using the Needleman – Wunsch algorithm. With these programs Stata becomes the first statistical package to offer a complete set of tools for sequence analysis. Copyright 2006 by StataCorp LP.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by StataCorp LP in its journal Stata Journal.
Volume (Year): 6 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas King, 2013. "A framework for analysing social sequences," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 167-191, January.
- MacEwan, Duncan & Howitt, Richard E., 2011. "An Empirical Model of Crop Rotations," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100581, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Nadiya Kelle, 2011. "Wandel von Erwerbsbeteilung westdeutscher Frauen nach der Erstgeburt: ein Vergleich der zwischen 1936 und 1965 geborenen Kohorten," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 406, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Geoffrey Wodtke, 2013. "Duration and Timing of Exposure to Neighborhood Poverty and the Risk of Adolescent Parenthood," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(5), pages 1765-1788, October.
- Olaf Groh-Samberg & Florian R. Hertel, 2011. "Laufbahnklassen: zur empirischen Umsetzung eines dynamisierten Klassenbegriffs mithilfe von Sequenzanalysen," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 374, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- MacEwan, Duncan & Howitt, Richard E., 2011. "Estimating Crop Rotations as Dynamic Cycles using Field Data," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103635, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Peter Schneider & Dieter Sadowski, 2008. "The impact of New Public Management (NPM) instruments on PhD education," IAAEG Discussion Papers until 2011 200803, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Langena, Nina & Klink, Jeanette & Hartmann, Monika, 2013. "Individualized or non-individualized IDM: What elicits consumer preferences best?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150637, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Julia Simonson & Laura Romeu Gordo & Nadiya Kelle, 2011. "The Double German Transformation: Changing Male Employment Patterns in East and West Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 391, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Coulter, Rory & van Ham, Maarten, 2011. "Contextualised Mobility Histories of Moving Desires and Actual Moving Behaviour," IZA Discussion Papers 6146, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexis Gabadinho & Gilbert Ritschard & Nicolas S Müller & Matthias Studer, . "Analyzing and Visualizing State Sequences in R with TraMineR," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 40(i04).
- Helena Corrales Herrero & Beatriz Rodríguez Prado, 2011. "El empleo a tiempo parcial entre los jóvenes: Puente o trampa," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 6, in: Antonio Caparrós Ruiz (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 6, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 42, pages 677-692 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Dylan Kneale & Ruth Lupton & Polina Obolenskaya & Richard D Wiggins, 2010. "A cross-cohort description of young people's housing experience in Britain over 30 years: An application of Sequence Analysis," DoQSS Working Papers 10-17, Department of Quantitative Social Science - Institute of Education, University of London.
- ALBERT VERDÚ, Cecilia & DAVIA, María A., 2010. "Education And Labour Market Transitions Amongst Compulsory Education Graduates And School Dropouts," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(3).
- Optimal matching in Wikipedia English ne '')
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Lisa Gilmore).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.