Fixed-Effects and Related Estimators for Correlated Random-Coefficient and Treatment-Effect Panel Data Models
AbstractI derive conditions under which a class of fixed-effects estimators consistently estimates the population-averaged slope coefficients in panel data models with individual-specific slopes, where the slopes are allowed to be correlated with the covariates. In addition to including the usual fixed-effects estimator, the results apply to estimators that eliminate individual-specific trends. I apply the results, and propose alternative estimators, to estimation of average treatment in a class of nonlinear unobserved-effects models. © 2005 President and Fellows of Harvard College and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): 87 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gayle, Wayne-Roy & Namoro, Soiliou Daw, 2013. "Estimation of a nonlinear panel data model with semiparametric individual effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 46-59.
- Hoderlein, Stefan & White, Halbert, 2012.
"Nonparametric identification in nonseparable panel data models with generalized fixed effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 300-314.
- Stefan Hoderlein & Halbert White, 2009. "Nonparametric Identification in Nonseparable Panel Data Models with Generalized Fixed Effects," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 746, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Stefan Hoderlein & Halbert White, 2009. "Nonparametric identification in nonseparable panel data models with generalized fixed effects," CeMMAP working papers CWP33/09, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Murtazashvili, Irina & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Fixed effects instrumental variables estimation in correlated random coefficient panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 539-552, January.
- Gebreeyesus, Mulu, 2013. "The end of the multifibre arrangement (MFA) and the heterogeneous performance of quota-constrained countries," MERIT Working Papers 035, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jürg Vollenweider, 2013. "The effectiveness of international environmental agreements," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 343-367, September.
- Kantarevic, Jasmin & Kralj, Boris & Weinkauf, Darrel, 2011. "Enhanced fee-for-service model and physician productivity: Evidence from Family Health Groups in Ontario," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 99-111, January.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2005.
"The Productivity Effects of Privatization: Longitudinal Estimates from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
05-121, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2006. "The Productivity Effects of Privatization: Longitudinal Estimates from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(1), pages 61-99, February.
- J. David Brown & John Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2005. "The Productivity Effects of Privatization: Longitudinal Estimates from Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Ukraine," CERT Discussion Papers 0508, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- repec:dgr:unumer:2013035 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.