Joint Adoption of Microcomputer Technologies: An Analysis of Farmers' Decisions
AbstractThis study presents an econometric examination of the joint decisions of farmers on the adoption of a microcomputer and (or) purchased computers services. The characteristics of a farmer--schooling, age, off-farm work--are shown to be important variables for explaining the odds of adopting purchased computers services only, a microcomputer only, and both computer technologies. Adoption of computer technologies seems to occur in farming operations where they can be expected to greatly enhance the efficiency. Copyright 1991 by MIT Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 73 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
Other versions of this item:
- Huffman, Wallace & Mercier, S., 1991. "Joint Adoption of Microcomputer Technologies: An Analysis of Farmers' Decisions," Staff General Research Papers 10989, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuku, Yemisi & Orazem, Peter & Singh, Rajesh, 2004.
"Computer Adoption and Returns in Transition,"
Staff General Research Papers
12195, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hayashi Fumiko & Klee Elizabeth, 2003.
"Technology Adoption and Consumer Payments: Evidence from Survey Data,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Elizabeth Klee, 2002. "Technology adoption and consumer payments : evidence from survey data," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Margarita Genius & Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis TZOUVELEKAS, .
"Information Spillovers in Irrigation Technology Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Visits and Spatial Effects,"
DEOS Working Papers
1319, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Vangelis TZOUVELEKAS & Celine Nauges & Phoebe Koundouri & Margarita Genius, . "Information Spillovers in Irrigation Technology Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Visits and Spatial Effects," DEOS Working Papers 1133, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Margarita Genius & Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, .
"Information Transmission in Irrigation Technology Adoption and Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Services, and Spatial Effects,"
DEOS Working Papers
1329, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Margarita Genius & Phoebe Koundouri & Celine Nauges & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2012. "Information Transmission in Irrigation Technology Adoption and Diffusion: Social Learning, Extension Services and Spatial Effects," Working Papers 1211, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 30 Apr 2013.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Park, Timothy A., 2005. "An Empirical Analysis of Internet Use by U.S. Farmers," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2006.
"Traceability Adoption at the Farm Level: An Empirical Analysis of the Portuguese Pear Industry,"
2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA
21132, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2009. "Traceability adoption at the farm level: An empirical analysis of the Portuguese pear industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 94-101, February.
- Smith, Elwin G. & Carew, Richard & Warner, Kace, 2013. "Decision Making among Canola Growers in the Prairie Provinces: The Impact of Farm and Grower Characteristics," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149834, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Joost M.E. Pennings & Olga Isengildina-Massa & Scott H. Irwin & Philip Garcia & Darrel L. Good, 2008. "Producers' complex risk management choices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 31-54.
- Gloy, Brent A. & Akridge, Jay T., 2000. "Computer And Internet Adoption On Large U.S. Farms," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Sabuhoro, Jean Bosco & Wunsch, Patti, 2003. "Computer Technology Adoption By Canadian Farm Businesses: An Analysis Based on the 2001 Census of Agriculture," Agriculture and Rural Working Paper Series 28039, Statistics Canada.
- Margarita Genius & Christos Pantzios & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, . "Information Acquisition and Adoption of Organic Farming Practices: Evidence from Farm Operations in Crete, Greece," Working Papers 0305, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.