Japanese Trade Elasticities and the J-Curve
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 71 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pavle Petrović & Mirjana Gligorić, 2010. "Exchange Rate and Trade Balance: J-curve Effect," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 57(1), pages 23-41, March.
- Hooy, Chee Wooi & Chan, Tze-Haw, 2008. "The Impact of Yuan/Ringgit on Bilateral Trade Balance of China and Malaysia," MPRA Paper 11306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehmet Yazici, 2010. "Is there a J-curve effect in Turkish services?," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 167-172, January.
- Han, Sung-Shin & Suh, Seoung Hwan, 1996. "Exchange rate pass-through and the J-curve: An analysis of the Korean case," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-86, February.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Jehanzeb Cheema, 2009. "Short-Run And Long-Run Effects Of Currency Depreciation On The Bilateral Trade Balance Between Pakistan And Her Major Trading Partners," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 34(1), pages 19-41, June.
- Jaime Marquez, 1995. "A century of trade elasticities for Canada, Japan, and the United States," International Finance Discussion Papers 531, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- M Bahmani-Oskooee & M Kovyryalova, 2008. "The J-Curve: Evidence from Industry Trade Data between US and UK," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 13(1), pages 25-44, March.
- Milner, Chris & Zgovu, Evious, 2006. "A natural experiment for identifying the impact of 'natural' trade barriers on exports," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 251-268, June.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Zohre Ardalani, 2007. "Is there a J-Curve at the Industry Level?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(26), pages 1-12.
- Peter Wilson, 2001. "Exchange Rates and the Trade Balance for Dynamic Asian Economiesâ€”Does the J-Curve Exist for Singapore, Malaysia, and Korea?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 389-413, October.
- Baek, Jungho, 2007. "The J-curve effect and the US-Canada forest products trade," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 245-258, November.
- William Milberg, 1999. "The Rhetoric of Policy Relevance in International Economics," Macroeconomics 9904009, EconWPA.
- Mohsen Bahmani & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott W. Hegerty, 2013. "Empirical tests of the Marshall-Lerner condition: a literature review," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 411-443, May.
- Hsing, Yu, 2009. "Test of the J-curve for the DR-CAFTA countries and policy implications," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 293-301, September.
- Wilson, Peter & Tat, Kua Choon, 2001. "Exchange rates and the trade balance: the case of Singapore 1970 to 19961," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 47-63.
- Han-Min Hsing & Andreas Savvides, 1996. "Does a J-curve exist for Korea and Taiwan?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 127-145, April.
- Olugbenga Onafowora, 2003. "Exchange rate and trade balance in east asia: is there a J-curve?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(18), pages 1-13.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:26:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Hegerty, Scott W., 2009. "The Japanese-U.S. trade balance and the yen: Evidence from industry data," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-171, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.