Endogeneity Testing in a Supply and Demand Framework
AbstractThe powers of Wu-Hausman endogeneity tests are related to the normalization d ecision in estimating demand equations. Power is not invariant to the choice bet ween quantity and price as the dependent variable. A theoretical result due to N akamura and Nakamura_(1984) is used to explore the dependence of power on parame ters of the supply and demand system. The theoretical result is corroborated wit h a Monte Carlo experiment. The power results are used to analyze the U.S. deman d for poultry meat wherein price, but not quantity, is found to be predetermined Copyright 1986 by MIT Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 68 (1986)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin, 2013.
"On bootstrap validity for specification tests with weak instruments,"
16875, University of Tasmania, School of Economics and Finance, revised 05 Aug 2013.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin, 2013. "On bootstrap validity for specification tests with weak instruments," MPRA Paper 47485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roger A. Dahlgran & Dean G. Fairchild, 2002. "The demand impacts of chicken contamination publicity-a case study," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 459-474.
- Firmin DOKO TCHATOKA & Jean-Marie DUFOUR, 2014.
"Identification-Robust Inference for Endogeneity Parameters in Linear Structural Models,"
Cahiers de recherche
03-2014, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2012. "Identification-robust inference for endogeneity parameters in linear structural models," MPRA Paper 40695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2012. "Identification-robust inference for endogeneity parameters in linear structural models," Working Papers 15064, University of Tasmania, School of Economics and Finance, revised 01 Aug 2012.
- repec:ags:mareec:28254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan F. KIVIET & Milan PLEUS, 2012. "The performance of tests on endogeneity of subsets of explanatory variables scanned by simulation," Economic Growth centre Working Paper Series 1208, Nanyang Technolgical University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth centre.
- Lee, Young-Jae & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2013. "Quantity And Exchange Rate Effects On U.S. Trout Prices," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142133, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Nakamura, Alice & Nakamura, Masao, 1998. "Model specification and endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 213-237.
- Lee, Young-Jae & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2008. "An Examination of Inverse Demand Models: An Application to the U.S. Crawfish Industry," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- repec:ags:mareec:28083 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.