Endogeneity Testing in a Supply and Demand Framework
AbstractThe powers of Wu-Hausman endogeneity tests are related to the normalization d ecision in estimating demand equations. Power is not invariant to the choice bet ween quantity and price as the dependent variable. A theoretical result due to N akamura and Nakamura_(1984) is used to explore the dependence of power on parame ters of the supply and demand system. The theoretical result is corroborated wit h a Monte Carlo experiment. The power results are used to analyze the U.S. deman d for poultry meat wherein price, but not quantity, is found to be predetermined Copyright 1986 by MIT Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 68 (1986)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Park, Hoanjae & Thurman, Walter N. & Easley, James E., Jr., 2004. "Modeling Inverse Demands For Fish: Empirical Welfare Measurement In Gulf And South Atlantic Fisheries," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 19(3).
- Lee, Young-Jae & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2013. "Quantity And Exchange Rate Effects On U.S. Trout Prices," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142133, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Asche, Frank & Hannesson, Rognvaldur, 2002. "Allocation Of Fish Between Markets And Product Forms," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 17(3).
- Nakamura, Alice & Nakamura, Masao, 1998. "Model specification and endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 213-237.
- Jan F. KIVIET & Milan PLEUS, 2012. "The performance of tests on endogeneity of subsets of explanatory variables scanned by simulation," Economic Growth centre Working Paper Series 1208, Nanyang Technolgical University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth centre.
- Roger A. Dahlgran & Dean G. Fairchild, 2002. "The demand impacts of chicken contamination publicity-a case study," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 459-474.
- Lee, Young-Jae & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2008. "An Examination of Inverse Demand Models: An Application to the U.S. Crawfish Industry," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.