Piece Rate vs. Time Rate: The Effect of Incentives on Earnings
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 66 (1984)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eva M. Meyersson-Milgrom & Trond Petersen & Rita Asplund, 2002. "Pay,Risk,and Productivity.The Case of Finland,1980 -1996," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 3-23, Spring.
- Sue Fernie & David Metcalf, 1998. "(Not)hanging on the telephone: payment systems in the new sweatshops," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20275, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sabrina Teyssier, 2008.
"Les Modes de Rémunération comme Mécanismes Sélectifs de la Main d’oeuvre : Fondements Théoriques et Estimations Empiriques,"
0818, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Sabrina Teyssier, 2008. "Les Modes de Rémunération comme MécanismesSélectifs de la Main d'oeuvre : Fondements Théoriques et Estimations Empiriques," Post-Print halshs-00303703, HAL.
- Hart, Robert A & Roberts, J Elizabeth, 2013. "Industrial composition, methods of compensation, and real earnings in the Great Depression," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2013-03, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Robert Drago & John S. Heywood, 1994.
"The Choice of Payment Schemes: Australian Establishment Data,"
Labor and Demography
9402001, EconWPA, revised 04 Feb 1994.
- Robert W Drago & John S. Heywood, 1995. "The Choice of Payment Schemes: Australian Establishment Data," Working papers _006, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.
- Hart, Robert A. & Roberts, J. Elizabeth, 2010. "Real Wages, Working Time, and the Great Depression: What Does Micro Evidence Tell Us?," IZA Discussion Papers 4977, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heywood, John S. & Wei, Xiangdong, 1997. "Piece-Rate Payment Schemes and the Employment of Women: The Case of Hong Kong," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 237-255, October.
- BALAND, Jean-Marie & DREZE, Jean & LERUTH, Luc, 1998.
"Daily wages and piece rates in agrarian economies,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1998058, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hart, Robert A., 2008.
"Piece work pay and hourly pay over the cycle,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 1006-1022, October.
- Sue Fernie & David Metcalf, 1998. "(Not)Hanging on the Telephone: Payment systems in the New Sweatshops," CEP Discussion Papers dp0390, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Henneberger, Fred & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Ziegler, Alexandre, 2007. "Performance Pay, Sorting, and Outsourcing," IZA Discussion Papers 3019, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- McCausland, David & Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2005.
"Some are Punished and Some are Rewarded: A Study of the Impact of Performance Pay on Job Satisfaction,"
14243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- W.D. McCausland & K. Pouliakas & I. Theodossiou, 2005. "Some are Punished and Some are Rewarded: A Study of the Impact of Performance Pay on Job Satisfaction," Labor and Demography 0505019, EconWPA.
- Jarvis, Lovell S. & Vera-Toscano, Esperanza, 2002. "Seasonal Adjustment In A Market For Female Agricultural Workers," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19587, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Edward P. Lazear, 2000.
"Performance Pay and Productivity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1346-1361, December.
- Newman, Constance & Jarvis, Lovell S., 2000. "Worker And Firm Determinants Of Piece Rate Variation In An Agricultural Labor Market," Working Papers 11977, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Anita Alves Pena, 2013. "Do Minimum Wage Laws Affect People Who Are Not Covered? Evidence from Documented and Undocumented, Hourly and Piece Rate Workers in U.S. Agriculture," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 13-194, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Richard B. Freeman & Morris M. Kleiner, 1998. "The Last American Shoe Manufacturers: Changing the Method of Pay to Survive Foreign Competition," NBER Working Papers 6750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Toupin, Dominic & LeBel, Luc & Dubeau, Denise & Imbeau, Daniel & Bouthillier, Luc, 2007. "Measuring the productivity and physical workload of brushcutters within the context of a production-based pay system," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 1046-1055, May.
- Harry J. Holzer, 1988. "The Determinants of Employee Productivity and Earnings: Some New Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.