Cost Functions for a Service Firm with Variable Quality and Stochastic Demand: The Case of Hospitals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 63 (1981)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaynor, Martin & Anderson, Gerard F., 1995.
"Uncertain demand, the structure of hospital costs, and the cost of empty hospital beds,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 291-317, August.
- Martin Gaynor & Gerard F. Anderson, 1993. "Uncertain Demand, The Structure of Hospital Costs, and the Cost of EmptyHospital Beds," NBER Working Papers 4460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Skinner & John E. Wennberg, 1998.
"How Much is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life,"
NBER Working Papers
6513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan S. Skinner & John Wennberg, 2000. "How Much Is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life," NBER Chapters, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 169-194 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kurup, Hari K K, 2010. "On the estimation of hospital cost: the approach," MPRA Paper 22767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Friesner & Matthew McPherson & Robert Rosenman, 2006. "Are Hospitals Seasonally Inefficient? Evidence from Washington State Hospitals," Working Papers, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University 2006-3, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- William P. Rogerson, 1993. "Choice of Treatment Intensities by a Nonprofit Hospital Under Prospective Pricing," Discussion Papers, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science 1069, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard, 2003. "Hospital consolidation and costs: another look at the evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 983-997, November.
- Luigi Siciliani & Anderson Stanciole & Rowena Jacobs, 2008.
"Do waiting times reduce hospital costs?,"
Discussion Papers, Department of Economics, University of York
08/02, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Thomas Schaub, 1986. "Bestimmungsfaktoren der Kosten eines Allgemeinspitals," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(IV), pages 641-656, December.
- Dranove, David & Sfekas, Andrew, 2008. "Start spreading the news: A structural estimate of the effects of New York hospital report cards," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1201-1207, September.
- Daniel Friesner & Robert Rosenman, 2002. "A Dynamic Property Rights Theory of the Firm," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 311-333.
- Jayasree Basu & Bernard Friedman, 2007. "A re-examination of distance as a proxy for severity of illness and the implications for differences in utilization by race|ethnicity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 687-701.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.