Cost Functions for a Service Firm with Variable Quality and Stochastic Demand: The Case of Hospitals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 63 (1981)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Gaynor & Gerard F. Anderson, 1993.
"Uncertain Demand, The Structure of Hospital Costs, and the Cost of EmptyHospital Beds,"
NBER Working Papers
4460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaynor, Martin & Anderson, Gerard F., 1995. "Uncertain demand, the structure of hospital costs, and the cost of empty hospital beds," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 291-317, August.
- Daniel Friesner & Robert Rosenman, 2002. "A Dynamic Property Rights Theory of the Firm," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 311-333.
- Jonathan S. Skinner & John Wennberg, 2000.
"How Much Is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life,"
in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 169-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Skinner & John E. Wennberg, 1998. "How Much is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life," NBER Working Papers 6513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William P. Rogerson, 1993. "Choice of Treatment Intensities by a Nonprofit Hospital Under Prospective Pricing," Discussion Papers 1069, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Thomas Schaub, 1986. "Bestimmungsfaktoren der Kosten eines Allgemeinspitals," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(IV), pages 641-656, December.
- Luigi Siciliani & Anderson Stanciole & Rowena Jacobs, 2008.
"Do waiting times reduce hospital costs?,"
08/02, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard, 2003. "Hospital consolidation and costs: another look at the evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 983-997, November.
- Jayasree Basu & Bernard Friedman, 2007. "A re-examination of distance as a proxy for severity of illness and the implications for differences in utilization by race|ethnicity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 687-701.
- Kurup, Hari K K, 2010. "On the estimation of hospital cost: the approach," MPRA Paper 22767, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dranove, David & Sfekas, Andrew, 2008. "Start spreading the news: A structural estimate of the effects of New York hospital report cards," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1201-1207, September.
- Daniel Friesner & Matthew McPherson & Robert Rosenman, 2006. "Are Hospitals Seasonally Inefficient? Evidence from Washington State Hospitals," Working Papers 2006-3, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.