Natural Resource Scarcity: A Statistical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 61 (1979)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Smith, Tim R, 1984. "On Measuring Natural Resource Scarcity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 954-64, October.
- Cuddington, John T. & Nülle, Grant, 2014.
"Variable long-term trends in mineral prices: The ongoing tug-of-war between exploration, depletion, and technological change,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 224-252.
- John T. Cuddington & Grant N�lle, 2013. "Variable Long-Term Trends in Mineral Prices: The Ongoing Tug-of-War between Exploration, Depletion, and Technological Change," Working Papers 2013-02, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Tilton, John E., 1996. "Exhaustible resources and sustainable development : Two different paradigms," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 91-97.
- Chermak, Janie M. & Patrick, Robert H., 2001. "A Microeconometric Test of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 82-103, July.
- Sharma, Abhijit & Balcombe, Kelvin & Fraser, Iain, 2009.
"Non-renewable Resource Prices: Structural Breaks and Long Term Trends,"
16948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abhijit Sharma & Kelvin G Balcombe & Iain M Fraser, 2009. "Non-renewable resource prices: Structural breaks and long term trends," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 805-819.
- Boyce, John R. & Nøstbakken, Linda, 2011. "Exploration and development of U.S. oil and gas fields, 1955-2002," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 891-908, June.
- Antonios Antypas & Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis, 2013. "Hotelling Rules: Oscillatory Versus Quadratic Trends in Natural Resource Prices," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 126, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Antonios Antypas & Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis, 2013. "Oscillatory Versus Quadratic Trends in Natural Resource Commodity Prices," DEOS Working Papers 1305, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Cees Withagen, 1998. "Untested Hypotheses in Non-Renewable Resource Economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 623-634, April.
- Siebert, Horst, 1981. "Ökonomische Theorie natürlicher Ressourcen: Ein Überblick," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3576, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Chermak, Janie M. & Patrick, Robert H., 2002. "Comparing tests of the theory of exhaustible resources," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 301-325, November.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Smith, Tim R, 1991. "A Test of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(1), pages 123-40, February.
- Krautkraemer, Jeffrey A, 1985. "Optimal Growth, Resource Amenities, and the Preservation of Natural Environments," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 153-70, January.
- Livernois, J. & Thille, H. & Zhang, X., 2003.
"A Test of the Hotelling Rule Using Old-Growth Timber Data,"
2003-4, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- John Livernois & Henry Thille & Xianqiang Zhang, 2006. "A test of the Hotelling rule using old-growth timber data," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 163-186, February.
- Jung, Chulho & Krutilla, Kerry, 1998. "Aggregation bias in natural resource price composites: the forestry case," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 65-73, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.