Coinsurance, the Price of Time, and the Demand for Medical Services
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 56 (1974)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugh R. Waters, 1999. "Measuring the impact of health insurance with a correction for selection bias-a case study of Ecuador," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(5), pages 473-483.
- De Luca, Giuliana & Ponzo, Michela, 2010.
"Primary care utilisation and workers’ opportunity costs. Evidence from Italy,"
25486, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Luca, Giuliana & Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "Primary care utilisation and workers’ opportunity costs. Evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 24201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1996.
"Are Recessions Good For Your Health?,"
NBER Working Papers
5570, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiappori, P.A. & Durand, F. & Geoffard, P.Y., 1998.
"Moral Hazard and the Demand for Physician Services: First Lessons from a French Natural Experiment,"
DELTA Working Papers
98-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Durand, Franck & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves, 1998. "Moral hazard and the demand for physician services: First lessons from a French natural experiment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 499-511, May.
- Akbar Marvasti, 2006. "A Contingent Valuation of Customer Delay in Medical Services," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 31-45, Winter.
- Newhouse, Joseph Paul & Berndt, Ernst R., 2010.
"Pricing and Reimbursement in U.S. Pharmaceutical Markets,"
4450127, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Joseph P. Newhouse, 2010. "Pricing and Reimbursement in U.S. Pharmaceutical Markets," NBER Working Papers 16297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berndt, Ernst R. & Newhouse, Joseph P., 2010. "Pricing and Reimbursement in U.S. Pharmaceutical Markets," Working Paper Series rwp10-039, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- De Luca, Giuliana & Ponzo, Michela, 2009. "Access to primary care and workers’ opportunity costs. Evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 15479, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- H. Naci Mocan & Erdal Tekin & Jeffrey S. Zax, 2000.
"The Demand for Medical Care in Urban China,"
NBER Working Papers
7673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dant, Rajiv P. & Lumpkin, James R. & Rawwas, Mohammed Y. A., 1998. "Sources of Generalized versus Issue-Specific Dis/Satisfaction in Service Channels of Distribution: A Review and Comparative Investigation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 7-23, May.
- Ed Westerhout & Kees Folmer, 2013. "Why it may hurt to be insured: the effects of capping coinsurance payments," CPB Discussion Paper 239, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- �scar D. Lourenço & Pedro L. Ferreira, 2005. "Utilization of public health centres in Portugal: effect of time costs and other determinants. Finite mixture models applied to truncated samples," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(9), pages 939-953.
- Sidorenko, Alexandra, 2001. "Stochastic Model of Demand for Medical Care with Endogenous Labour Supply and Health Insurance," Departmental Working Papers 2001-08, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Amanda E. Kowalski, 2012. "Estimating the Tradeoff Between Risk Protection and Moral Hazard with a Nonlinear Budget Set Model of Health Insurance," NBER Working Papers 18108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Kopetsch, 2006. "Gilt Romers's Law auch in Deutschland?, Eine empirische Untersuchung zur Überprüfung der These der Angebotsinduzierung im stationären Sektor des deutschen Gesundheitswesens," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 226(6), pages 646-669, November.
- Osmers, Henning & Vauth, Christoph, 2004. "Empirische Erfahrungen, Versichertenverhalten zu steuern," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-294, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Bernard van den Berg & Amiram Gafni & France Portrait, 2013. "Attributing a monetary value to patientsâ€™ time: A contingent valuation approach," Working Papers 090cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Alan M. Garber & Thomas E. MaCurdy, 1991. "Nursing Home Discharges and Exhaustion of Medicare Benefits," NBER Working Papers 3639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.