An Analysis of the Determinants of Geographic Labor Mobility in the United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Review of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 51 (1969)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cebula, Richard & Kohn, Robert & Vedder, Richard, 1972. "Some Determinants of Interstate Migration of Blacks, 1965-1970," MPRA Paper 50065, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Greenwood, Michael J., 2007. "Modeling the age and age composition of late 19th century U.S. immigrants from Europe," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 255-269, April.
- Ann P. Bartel, 1980. "The Economics of Migration: An Empirical Analysis with Special Referenceto the Role of Job Mobility," NBER Working Papers 0198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Consuelo Gámez Amián & José Ignacio García Pérez, 2002. "Flujos Migratorios entre provincias andaluzas y entre éstas y el resto de España," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/01, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Lewis, Eugene P., 1977. "Migration Patterns In The Northern Great Plains," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 1(01), June.
- Cebula, Richard, 1973. "Interstate Migration and the Tiebout Hypothesis: An Analysis According to Race, Sex, and Age," MPRA Paper 49827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 1974.
- Nijkamp, P. & Poot, J., 1986.
"Dynamics of generalised spatial interaction models,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0006, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Nijkamp, Peter & Poot, Jacques, 1987. "Dynamics of generalised spatial interaction models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 367-390, August.
- S.M. Turab Hussain, 2005. "Rural to Urban Migration and Network Effects in an Extended Family Framework," Microeconomics Working Papers 22257, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Jim Millington, 2000. "Migration and Age: The Effect of Age on Sensitivity to Migration Stimuli," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 521-533.
- Cebula, Richard, 1973. "Local Government Policies and Migration: An Analysis for SMSAs in the United States, 1965-1970," MPRA Paper 50068, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Feb 1974.
- Pia M. Orrenius, 1999. "The role of family networks, coyote prices and the rural economy in migration from Western Mexico: 1965-1994," Working Papers 99-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Luis Ubeda, 2002.
"Family Attachment and the Decision to Move by Race,"
IMF Working Papers
02/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Ubeda, Luis, 2004. "Family attachment and the decision to move by race," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 478-497, May.
- Luis Ubeda & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2002.
"A Model of Multiple Equilibria in Geographic Labor Mobility,"
IMF Working Papers
02/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Spilimbergo, Antonio & Ubeda, Luis, 2004. "A model of multiple equilibria in geographic labor mobility," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 107-123, February.
- David C Maré & Wai Kin Choy, 2001. "Regional Labour Market Adjustment and the Movements of People: A Review," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/08, New Zealand Treasury.
- Chi, Guangqing & Voss, Paul, 2005. "Migration Decision-making: A Hierarchical Regression Approach," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 35(2).
- Cousineau, Jean-Michel, 1979. "La mobilité interprovinciale de la main-d’oeuvre au Canada : le cas de l’Ontario, de la Nouvelle-Écosse et du Nouveau-Brunswick," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 55(4), pages 501-515, octobre.
- Joshua Hojvat Gallin, 1999. "Net migration and state labor market dynamics," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-16, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John Muellbauer & Anthony Murphy & John Muellbauer, 2006.
"Housing Market Dynamics and Regional Migration in Britain,"
Economics Series Working Papers
275, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Cameron, Gavin & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2006. "Housing Market Dynamics and Regional Migration in Britain," CEPR Discussion Papers 5832, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Greenwood, Michael J., 2008. "Family and sex-specific U.S. immigration from Europe, 1870-1910: A panel data study of rates and composition," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 356-382, September.
- Meyers, William H., 1974. "The Measurement Of The Social Opportunity Cost Of Labor In A Labor Surplus Economy," Staff Papers 14012, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Butters, Roger & Thompson, Eric C. & Zheng, Ziwen, 2012. "Destination Choices of Michigan Micropolitan Outmigrants: Key Determinants and Implications for Community Marketing," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 42(1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.