From Cash-in-the-Market Pricing to Financial Fragility
AbstractWe review some recent research that explores the relationship between asset-price volatility and financial fragility when markets and contracts are incomplete. (JEL: E5, G2) Copyright (c) 2005 The European Economic Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by MIT Press in its journal Journal of the European Economic Association.
Volume (Year): 3 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (04/05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.mitpressjournals.org/jeea
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ioannis Lazopoulos, 2010.
"Optimal Intermediation Under Aggregate Consumption Uncertainty,"
School of Economics Discussion Papers
0710, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2009. "Amplification Mechanisms in Liquidity Crises," NBER Working Papers 15040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acharya, Viral V & Shin, Hyun Song & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2007. "Fire Sales, Foreign Entry and Bank Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6309, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gale, Douglas & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2013.
Econometric Society, vol. 8(2), May.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena, 2008.
"Mark-to-market accounting and liquidity pricing,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 358-378, August.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2010. "Amplification Mechanisms in Liquidity Crises," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 1-30, July.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena, 2006.
"Credit risk transfer and contagion,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 89-111, January.
- Benjamin Chabot & Charles C. Moul, 2013. "Bank panics, government guarantees, and the long-run size of the financial sector: evidence from free-banking America," Working Paper Series WP-2013-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Viral V. Acharya & Hyun Song Shin & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2009.
"Crisis Resolution and Bank Liquidity,"
NBER Working Papers
15567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikolaou, Kleopatra, 2009. "Liquidity (risk) concepts: definitions and interactions," Working Paper Series 1008, European Central Bank.
- Susan Schroeder, 2009. "Defining and detecting financial fragility: New Zealand's experience," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 287-307, January.
- Mattesini, Fabrizio & Nosal, Ed, 2011. "Cash-in-the-Market Pricing in a Model with Money and Over-the-Counter Financial Markets," Working Paper Series WP-2013-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, revised 29 Nov 2013.
- Gerhard Illing, 2007. "Financial Stability and Monetary Policy – A Framework," CESifo Working Paper Series 1971, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karie Kirkpatrick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.