Choix De Localisation Des Entreprises, Mode D'Entrée Et Intégration Économique :
AbstractOur study examines the effect of economic integration on the location choices of Greenfield Investments and Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions. We use panel data on US FDI in NAFTA and MERCOSUR members from 1989 to 1998. Economic integration is assessed through bilateral tariff barriers and dummy variables (date of implementation of treaties). We also control traditional determinants. It is found that economic integration played a role in US firms location patterns. Moreover, both our empirical study and our theoretical model underline the relevance of separating these two entry modes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var in its journal Région et Développement.
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
INVESTISSEMENT DIRECT ETRANGER; INTEGRATION ECONOMIQUE; LOCALISATION; MODE D'ENTREE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe Van Huffel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.