Using analytics for understanding the consumer online
AbstractTo stay competitive companies need to understand the present consumer behavior and anticipate it for the future. As online businesses continue to grow and people spend more time on Internet, analytics services became essential in this new world of communication, globalization and localization. Web analytics provide invaluable insights into the behavior of visitors and consumers. The purpose of this paper is to analyze how the analytics data can be effectively used for understanding the present consumer behavior. The result shows that through the use of analytics a company can predict the future consumer behavior and tailor specific messages and promotions sent to each individual. Patterns and anomalies identified at this step can help improve overall understanding of business processes and web site content and design.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara in its journal Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara.
Volume (Year): XVIII (2012)
Issue (Month): (May)
web analytics; consumer behavior; business online;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C40 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - General
- C87 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Econometric Software
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Kysilka).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.