Hierarchies of Archimedean copulas
AbstractWe present a flexible class of hierarchical copulas capable of modelling multidimensional joint distributions of asset returns with a richer rank correlation structure than existing models. We derive estimators and simulation techniques. The methods are applied to an illustrative portfolio consisting of a subset of DAX stocks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Quantitative Finance.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RQUF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Göran Kauermann & Renate Meyer, 2014. "Penalized marginal likelihood estimation of finite mixtures of Archimedean copulas," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 283-306, February.
- Ostap Okhrin & Alexander Ristig, 2012. "Hierarchical Archimedean Copulae: The HAC Package," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-036, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Diers, Dorothea & Eling, Martin & Marek, Sebastian D., 2012. "Dependence modeling in non-life insurance using the Bernstein copula," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 430-436.
- Matthias R. Fengler & Ostap Okhrin, 2012.
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2012-034, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2011. "Analysis of multidimensional probability distributions with copula functions," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 22(2), pages 98-134.
- Lee, Sangwook & Kim, Min Jae & Kim, Soo Yong, 2011. "Interest rates factor model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(13), pages 2531-2548.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.