AbstractDemocracy Without Equity: Failures of Reform in Brazil. By Kurt Weyland Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1996. Pp. xii + 293. $49.95 and $22.95. ISBN 0 8229 3924 X and 5583 0 Marketizing Education and Health in Developing Countries: Miracle or Mirage? Edited by Christopher Colclough. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Pp.ix + 378. �48. ISBN 0 19 8292554 Vietnam's Women in Transition. Edited by Kathleen Barry. Basingstoke and London: Macmillan Pmss, 1996. Pp.xviii + 332. �50 and �17.99. ISBN 0 333 64668 1 and 64669 X The Foreign Aid Business: Economic Assistance and Development Co-operation. By Kunibert Rafter and H.W Singer. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 1996. Pp.xii + 236. �45. ISBN 1 85898 406 8 Latin America: Development and Conflict since 1945. By John Ward. London: Routledge, 1997. Pp.127. �8.99. ISBN 0 415 14725 5 The Politics of Open Economies: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand. By Alasdair Bowie and Danny Unger. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. Pp.ix + 245. �14.95/$18.95 and �40.00/$59.95. ISBN 0 521 58683 6 and 58343 8 Japan's Foreign Aid to Thailand and The Philippines. By David M. Potter. Basingstoke, Macmillan Press, 1996. Pp.208, �29.50. ISBN 0 333 67341 7 The Theory of the Global Firm. By Vinay Bharat-Ram. Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1997. Pp.ix +127. Rs 395. ISBN 0 19 564183 3 A Half-Penny on the Federal Dollar: The Future of Development Aid. By Michael O'Hanlon and Carol Graham. Washington, DC: Brvokings Institution Press, 1997. Pp.xiii + 102. $14.95 ISBN 0 8157 6445 6 White Farms, Black Labor: The State of Agrarian Change in Southern Africa, 1910-1950. Edited by Alan H. Jeeves and Jonathan Crush. Published jointly by Pietermaritzburg: University of Natal Press; Oxford: James Currey; and Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann, 1997. Pp.xiv + 344. $60 and $26.95. ISBN 0 85255 674 8 and 624 1 Pathways to Growth: Comparing East Asia and Latin America. Edited by N. Birdsall and F. Jaspersen. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press for the Inter-American Development Bank, 1997 Pp.ix + 323. �16.50. ISBN 1 886938 13 X Institutions and Economic Development: Growth and Governance in Less-Developed and Post-Socialist Societies. Edited by Christopher Clague. Baltimore MD and London: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1997. Pp.xiii + 383. �40 and �15.50. ISBN 0 8018 5492 X and 5493 8
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Journal of Development Studies.
Volume (Year): 34 (1998)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20
Other versions of this item:
- Emma Murphy & Markus Bouillon & Chris Dixon & Chris Bramall & Mak Arvin & Donald Richards & Robert Leurs & Peter Lawrence & Michael Ryan, 1999. "Book reviews," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 156-173.
- Colin Lewis & Simon Lee & Gurharpal Singh & Mak Arvin & Jonathan Perraton & W. Neil Adger & David Colman & Ian Gough & Jeremy Gould & Frank Pieke, 2000. "Book reviews," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 164-178.
- V. N. Balasubramanyam, 1999. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 175-177.
- V. N. Balasubramanyam, 1999. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 182-184.
- V. N. Balasubramanyam, 2000. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 147-148.
- Stephen Devereux & David Preston & Jan Kees Van Donge & Simon Vicary & Mak Arvin & Marcus Power & Roberta Rabellotti, 2000. "Book reviews," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 169-181.
- V. N. Balasubramanyam, 2000. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 208-208.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.