Une analyse d'impacts economique et social des reformes economiques et de l'aide publique au developpement au Mali - Un cadre macro-micro
AbstractIn this paper, we analyse the coherence of development policies and foreign aid on income distribution and poverty in Mali. These policies are generally analysed independently. We focus our analysis on joint effects of these policies in Mali. We use a macro-micro CGE framework to analyse the coherence of development policies, trade policies, migration and foreign direct investment. Our results illustrate that policies with similar objectives can have quite different and powerful effects on poverty and income distribution. Taken in isolation most policies have a relatively small impact on income distribution with the exception of increases in agricultural world prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal The European Journal of Development Research.
Volume (Year): 20 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t713635016
Other versions of this item:
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Massa Coulibaly & Luc Savard, 2007. "Une analyse d’impact économique et social des réformes économiques et de l'aide publique au développement au Mali – Un cadre macro-micro," Cahiers de recherche 07-20, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Luc Savard, 2008.
"The Food Crisis and its Impacts on Poverty in Senegal and Mali: Crossed Destinies,"
Cahiers de recherche
08-20, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke, revised 08 May 2009.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Luc Savard, 2011. "The Food Crisis and its Impacts on Poverty in Senegal and Mali: Crossed Destinies," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29(2), pages 211-247, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.