External reporting of accounting and financial information via the Internet in Spain
AbstractThis paper describes the current (July 1998) level of usage of Internet communication technologies by Spanish quoted companies for communication of financial and other information to interested parties. First, in order to place the communication activity in context, the current extent of Internet access in Spain is described. Second, a study of the websites which have been established by Spanish companies quoted on the Madrid Stock Exchange is reported. Finally, the paper discusses the actual and potential development of the Internet as a means of establishing 'corporate dialogue' (Spaul, 1997) with stakeholders.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal European Accounting Review.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Turel, Asli, 2010. "The Expectation Gap in Internet Financial Reporting: Evidence from an Emerging Capital Market," MPRA Paper 29800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Lymer, 1999. "Internet and the future of reporting in Europe," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 289-301.
- Bruno Oxibar, 2010. "Communication Financiere Sur Les Sites Internet Des Groupes Cotes Francais," Post-Print hal-00479489, HAL.
- Ivica Pervan, 2006. "Voluntary financial reporting on the internet – analysis of the practice of Croatian and Slovene listed joint stock companies," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 30(1), pages 1-27.
- Ivica Pervan, 2005. "Financial reporting on the internet and the practice of croatian joint stock companies quoted on the stock exchanges," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 29(2), pages 159-174.
- Dutta, Probal & Bose, Sudipta, 2007. "Web-based Corporate Reporting in Bangladesh:An Exploratory Study," MPRA Paper 7915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarra Elleuch Hamza & Mouna Ben Ahmed Hedrich, 2008. "Les déterminants de la divulgation des informations financières via Internet adoptée par les entreprises tunisiennes : une démarche qualitative et quantitative," Post-Print halshs-00524888, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.