The true and fair view override in the European Accounting Directives
AbstractThis paper looks into the origin of the true and fair view override in the European Accounting Directives. It explains the meaning of the true and fair view override within the context of the Directives and how this principle has been implemented by the Member States of the European Union. The paper also compares the true and fair concept adopted in IAS 1 with the similar concept contained in the Accounting Directives. The paper concludes by emphasizing the usefulness of the true and fair view override within the context of an accounting regime based on a conceptual framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal European Accounting Review.
Volume (Year): 6 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Axel Haller, 2002. "Financial accounting developments in the European Union: past events and future prospects," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 153-190.
- Dunk, Alan S. & Kilgore, Alan, 2000. "The Reintroduction of the True and Fair Override and Harmonization with IASC Standards in Australia: Lessons from the EU and Implications for Financial Reporting and International Trade," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 213-226, 07.
- Alexander, David & Archer, Simon, 2000. "On the Myth of "Anglo-Saxon" Financial Accounting," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 539-557, 010.
- Stephen Zeff & Willem Buijink & Kees Camfferman, 1999. "'True and fair' in the Netherlands: inzicht or getrouw beeld ?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 523-548.
- Katarzyna Kosmala MacLullich, 2001. "Truth and Fairness in Accounting: A Case of Polish Transition Economy," CERT Discussion Papers 0102, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Marie Zelenková, 2010. "The True and Fair View in the European Union," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(3), pages 101-110.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.