The relationship between accounting and taxation in Norway
AbstractThe financial accounting regulations in Norway have not been motivated by corporate income taxation. Nevertheless, historically there has been a close relationship between financial accounting and income taxation. As a general taxation rule, the reported financial income has been the basis for the computation of the taxable income. This has made financial reporting sensitive to tax considerations. Stricter financial accounting requirements and an innovation in the financial reporting format in the mid-1970s gradually decreased tax-induced financial reporting. The promulgation of a larger number of specific and standardized tax rules in 1992 made the computation of taxable income less dependent on accounting income. The Tax Reform in 1992 also initiated a requirement in the accounting legislation to recognize deferred taxes in financial statements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal European Accounting Review.
Volume (Year): 5 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malcolm Anderson, 1998. "Accounting History Publications, 1995/6," Accounting, Business and Financial History, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 105-124.
- Salma Damak-Ayadi, 2007. "De L'Efficacite Des Mesures De Convergence Pour Preparer Le Passage Aux Ias/Ifrs En France," Post-Print halshs-00544879, HAL.
- Damak-Ayadi, Salma, 2007. "De l'efficacité des mesures de convergence pour préparer la passage aux IAS/IFRS en France," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2091, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/2091 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Eilifsen, 1998. "Auditing regulation and the statutory auditor's responsibilities in Norway," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 709-722.
- Gjerde, Øystein & Knivsflå, Kjell Henry & Sættem, Frode, 2005. "The Value Relevance of Financial Reporting on the Oslo Stock Exchange over the Period 1964-2003," Discussion Papers 2005/23, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Margaret Lamb & Andrew Lymer, 1999. "Taxation research in an accounting context: future prospects and interdisciplinary perspectives," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 749-776.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.