Nominal and real effective exchange rates of middle eastern countries and their trade performance
AbstractIndexes of real and nominal effective exchange rates that are published by the IMF, are mostly for industrial countries. None of the Middle Eastern countries have received any attention on this regard. This paper tries to close the gap by constructing such indexes for 11 middle eastern countries over 1971(I)-1994(IV) period. As an application, long-run response of their trade balance to devaluation is also investigated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tihomir Stucka, 2004. "The Effects of Exchange Rate Change on the Trade Balance in Croatia," IMF Working Papers 04/65, International Monetary Fund.
- Khim-sen Liew & Kian-Ping Lim & Huzaimi Hussain, 2003. "Exchange Rate and Trade Balance Relationship: The Experience of ASEAN Countries," International Trade 0307003, EconWPA.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Jalil, Abdul & Islam, Faridul, 2010. "Real Exchange Rate Changes and Trade Balance in Pakistan: A Revisit," MPRA Paper 27631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Ali Kutan & Su Zhou, 2009. "Towards solving the PPP puzzle: evidence from 113 countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(24), pages 3057-3066.
- Levent, Korap & Özgür, Aslan, 2007. "Exogenous characteristics of short-term capital flows: can they be under control? evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 19504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiu, Yi-Bin & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Sun, Chia-Hung, 2010. "The U.S. trade imbalance and real exchange rate: An application of the heterogeneous panel cointegration method," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 705-716, May.
- H. Bayram Irhan & Nur Dilbaz Alacahan & Levent Korap, 2011.
"An Empirical Model for the Turkish Trade Balance: New Evidence from ARDL Bounds Testing Analyses,"
Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal,
Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 14(1), pages 38-61, May.
- Korap, Levent, 2011. "An empirical model for the Turkish trade balance: new evidence from ARDL bounds testing analyses," MPRA Paper 32550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Hanafiah Harvey, 2006. "How sensitive are Malaysia's bilateral trade flows to depreciation?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 1279-1286.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.