Subdiscipline-specific journal rankings: whither Applied Economics?
AbstractIn light of widespread specialization of research and teaching, it seems appropriate to supplement the existing general rankings of economics journals with subdiscipline-specific rankings. That is the primary objective of this paper. The availability of subdiscipline-specific rankings also permits both (i) alternative journal ranking methods for the general discipline that account for the breadth of a journal's impact across specialized fields, and (ii) estimation of the relative weights implicitly associated with each field in traditional disciplinary journal rankings. The results are robust to the exclusion of self-citations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2006.
"Behavioral economics and socio-economics journals: A citation-based ranking,"
4377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2007. "Behavioral economics and socio-economics journals: A citation-based ranking," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 451-462, June.
- Martin Ravallion & Adam Wagstaff, 2012.
"The World Bank’s publication record,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 343-368, December.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2008. "The impact of economics on management," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 667-675, December.
- Francesc Pujol, .
"Ranking Journals Following a Matching Model Approach. An Application to Public Economics Journals,"
Faculty Working Papers
12/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Francesc Pujol, 2008. "Ranking Journals Following a Matching Model Approach: An Application to Public Economics Journals," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(1), pages 55-76, 02.
- Caruso, Raul & Campiglio, Luigi, 2007.
"Where Economics Has Been Headed? Multiple Identities And Diversity In Economic Literature Evidence From Top Journals Over The Period 2000-2006 A First Note,"
6797, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2008.
- Campiglio, Luigi & Caruso, Raul, 2007. "Where Economics Has Been Headed? Multiple Identities And Diversity In Economic Literature Evidence From Top Journals Over The Period 2000-2006 A First Note," MPRA Paper 4540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Paulo Guimarães & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2010.
"Trends in Economic Research: An International Perspective,"
463, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Paulo Guimar�es & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2010. "Trends in Economic Research: An International Perspective," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 479-494, November.
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Paulo Guimarães & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2010. "Trends in economic research: An international perspective," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 832.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Cardoso, Ana Rute & Guimaraes, Paulo & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2010. "Trends in Economic Research: An International Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 4785, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pedro Cosme Costa Vieira, 2004. "Statistical variability of top ranking economics journals impact," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(15), pages 945-948.
- Molero, Juan Carlos & Pujol, Francesc, 2004. "Ranking Italian Universities and Other Research Institutions Taking Into Account Public Economics Publications," MPRA Paper 8055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lúcia Paiva Martins de Sousa & Pedro Cosme da Costa Vieira, 2005. "Um ranking das revistas científicas especializadas em economia regional e urbana," FEP Working Papers 193, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Pedro C. Vieira, 2004. "Top ranking economics journals impact variability and a ranking update to the year 2002," FEP Working Papers 149, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Paulo S.A. Sousa & Pedro Cosme C. Vieira, 2011. "Universities and authors: a ranking for international finance," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 507-518.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.