Subdiscipline-specific journal rankings: whither Applied Economics?
AbstractIn light of widespread specialization of research and teaching, it seems appropriate to supplement the existing general rankings of economics journals with subdiscipline-specific rankings. That is the primary objective of this paper. The availability of subdiscipline-specific rankings also permits both (i) alternative journal ranking methods for the general discipline that account for the breadth of a journal's impact across specialized fields, and (ii) estimation of the relative weights implicitly associated with each field in traditional disciplinary journal rankings. The results are robust to the exclusion of self-citations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/00036846.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesc Pujol, 2008.
"Ranking Journals Following a Matching Model Approach: An Application to Public Economics Journals,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(1), pages 55-76, 02.
- Francesc Pujol, . "Ranking Journals Following a Matching Model Approach. An Application to Public Economics Journals," Faculty Working Papers 12/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2007.
"Behavioral economics and socio-economics journals: A citation-based ranking,"
The Journal of Socio-Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 451-462, June.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2006. "Behavioral economics and socio-economics journals: A citation-based ranking," MPRA Paper 4377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lúcia Paiva Martins de Sousa & Pedro Cosme da Costa Vieira, 2005. "Um ranking das revistas científicas especializadas em economia regional e urbana," FEP Working Papers 193, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wagstaff, Adam, 2010. "The World Bank's publication record," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5374, The World Bank.
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Paulo Guimar�es & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2010.
"Trends in Economic Research: An International Perspective,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 479-494, November.
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Paulo Guimarães & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2010. "Trends in economic research: An international perspective," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 832.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Cardoso, Ana Rute & Guimaraes, Paulo & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2010. "Trends in Economic Research: An International Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 4785, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Paulo Guimarães & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2010. "Trends in Economic Research: An International Perspective," Working Papers 463, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Pedro Cosme Costa Vieira, 2004. "Statistical variability of top ranking economics journals impact," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(15), pages 945-948.
- Caruso, Raul & Campiglio, Luigi, 2007.
"Where Economics Has Been Headed? Multiple Identities And Diversity In Economic Literature Evidence From Top Journals Over The Period 2000-2006 A First Note,"
6797, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2008.
- Campiglio, Luigi & Caruso, Raul, 2007. "Where Economics Has Been Headed? Multiple Identities And Diversity In Economic Literature Evidence From Top Journals Over The Period 2000-2006 A First Note," MPRA Paper 4540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paulo S.A. Sousa & Pedro Cosme C. Vieira, 2011. "Universities and authors: a ranking for international finance," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 507-518.
- Pedro C. Vieira, 2004. "Top ranking economics journals impact variability and a ranking update to the year 2002," FEP Working Papers 149, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Azar, Ofer H., 2008. "The impact of economics on management," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 667-675, December.
- Molero, Juan Carlos & Pujol, Francesc, 2004. "Ranking Italian Universities and Other Research Institutions Taking Into Account Public Economics Publications," MPRA Paper 8055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.