Capital stock estimates for major sectors and disaggregated manufacturing in selected OECD countries
AbstractDifferent countries use different methods of estimating net capital stock at the aggregated as well as at the disaggregated levels. While analysing cross-country data, for consistency it is important that capital stock series be estimated by the same method across all the countries in the model. Out of this necessity, this paper produces consistent (in the sense that the same method is used across all countries) estimates of yearly net capital stock from 1970 to 1992 for selected major sectors and disaggregated manufacturing sectors in 15 OECD countries, namely: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom and the United States. The major sectors considered are: agriculture, hunting, forestry and fishing; communications; construction; finance, insurance and real estate; government service providers; mining and quarrying; retail, wholesale and hospitality industry; transportation and storage, and total manufacturing. The disaggregated sectors considered are: food industries, beverage and tobacco; textile, apparel and leather; wood products and furniture; paper, printing and publishing; chemical products; non-metallic mineral products; basic metal industries; fabricated metal products, and other manufacturing sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (1997)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Kamps, 2005.
"New Estimates of Government Net Capital Stocks for 22 OECD Countries 1960-2001,"
- Christophe Kamps, 2006. "New Estimates of Government Net Capital Stocks for 22 OECD Countries, 1960-2001," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(1), pages 6.
- Christophe Kamps, 2004. "New Estimates of Government Net Capital Stocks for 22 OECD Countries 1960-2001," IMF Working Papers 04/67, International Monetary Fund.
- Howard Pack, 2001. "Industrialization Options for the Poorest Countries," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2001-04, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Werner Hölzl & Robert Leisch, 2004. "Estimates of capital stocks and capital productivity in Austrian manufacturing industries, 1978 -1994," Working Papers geewp41, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan, 2006. "Can China contribute more to the fight against global warming?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 837-846, November.
- Michael C. Burda & Battista Severgnini, 2008.
"Solow Residuals without Capital Stocks,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2008-040, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Wang, Yuan & Wang, Yichen & Zhou, Jing & Zhu, Xiaodong & Lu, Genfa, 2011. "Energy consumption and economic growth in China: A multivariate causality test," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4399-4406, July.
- Sari, Ramazan & Soytas, Ugur, 2007. "The growth of income and energy consumption in six developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 889-898, February.
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei, 2009. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions, and economic growth in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2706-2712, August.
- Shi, Guang-Ming & Bi, Jun & Wang, Jin-Nan, 2010. "Chinese regional industrial energy efficiency evaluation based on a DEA model of fixing non-energy inputs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6172-6179, October.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Antoni Estevadeordal, 2009. "Trade Policy and Specialization," IDB Publications 9289, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan, 2006. "Energy consumption and income in G-7 countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 739-750, October.
- Hurlin, Christophe & Arestoff, Florence, 2006.
"Estimates of Government Net Capital Stocks for 26 Developing Countries, 1970-2002,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/1648, Paris Dauphine University.
- Arestoff, Florence & Hurlin, Christophe, 2006. "Estimates of government net capital stocks for 26 developing countries, 1970-2002," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3858, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.