Sharp Upper and Lower Bounds for Basket Options
AbstractGiven a basket option on two or more assets in a one-period static hedging setting, the paper considers the problem of maximizing and minimizing the basket option price subject to the constraints of known option prices on the component stocks and consistency with forward prices and treat it as an optimization problem. Sharp upper bounds are derived for the general n-asset case and sharp lower bounds for the two-asset case, both in closed forms, of the price of the basket option. In the case n�=�2 examples are given of discrete distributions attaining the bounds. Hedge ratios are also derived for optimal sub and super replicating portfolios consisting of the options on the individual underlying stocks and the stocks themselves.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mathias Beiglböck & Pierre Henry-Labordère & Friedrich Penkner, 2013. "Model-independent bounds for option prices—a mass transport approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 477-501, July.
- Arash Fahim & Yu-Jui Huang, 2014. "Model-independent Superhedging under Portfolio Constraints," Papers 1402.2599, arXiv.org.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Papers 1302.4854, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Peña, Javier & Vera, Juan C. & Zuluaga, Luis F., 2012. "Computing arbitrage upper bounds on basket options in the presence of bid–ask spreads," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(2), pages 369-376.
- Laurence, Peter & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2009. "Sharp distribution free lower bounds for spread options and the corresponding optimal subreplicating portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 35-47, February.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Working Papers hal-00790001, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.