Sharp Upper and Lower Bounds for Basket Options
AbstractGiven a basket option on two or more assets in a one-period static hedging setting, the paper considers the problem of maximizing and minimizing the basket option price subject to the constraints of known option prices on the component stocks and consistency with forward prices and treat it as an optimization problem. Sharp upper bounds are derived for the general n-asset case and sharp lower bounds for the two-asset case, both in closed forms, of the price of the basket option. In the case n�=�2 examples are given of discrete distributions attaining the bounds. Hedge ratios are also derived for optimal sub and super replicating portfolios consisting of the options on the individual underlying stocks and the stocks themselves.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Papers 1302.4854, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Pierre Henry-Labordere & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "An Explicit Martingale Version of Brenier's Theorem," Working Papers hal-00790001, HAL.
- Laurence, Peter & Wang, Tai-Ho, 2009. "Sharp distribution free lower bounds for spread options and the corresponding optimal subreplicating portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 35-47, February.
- Mathias Beiglböck & Pierre Henry-Labordère & Friedrich Penkner, 2013. "Model-independent bounds for option prices—a mass transport approach," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 477-501, July.
- Peña, Javier & Vera, Juan C. & Zuluaga, Luis F., 2012. "Computing arbitrage upper bounds on basket options in the presence of bid–ask spreads," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(2), pages 369-376.
- D. J. Manuge & P. T. Kim, 2014. "A fast Fourier transform method for Mellin-type option pricing," Papers 1403.3756, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Arash Fahim & Yu-Jui Huang, 2014. "Model-independent Superhedging under Portfolio Constraints," Papers 1402.2599, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.