Is ownership really endogenous?
AbstractFor a large panel of US firms it is found that managerial ownership is (econometrically) endogenous as Himmelberg et al. (Journal of Financial Economics, 53, 353-384, 1999) found. The largest shareholder, however, affects performance exogenously. This also holds for German firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/routledge/13504851.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grosfeld, Irena, 2009.
"Large shareholders and firm value: Are high-tech firms different?,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 259-277, September.
- Irena Grosfeld, 2009. "Large shareholders and firm value: Are high-tech firms different?," PSE Working Papers halshs-00587856, HAL.
- Panayotis Kapopoulos & Sophia Lazaretou, 2009.
"Does corporate ownership structure matter for economic growth? A cross-country analysis,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 155-172.
- Panayotis Kapopoulos & Sophia Lazaretou, 2005. "Does Corporate Ownership Structure Matter for Economic Growth? A Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers 21, Bank of Greece.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004.
"Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance,"
2004-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goergen, Marc & Manjon, Miguel C. & Renneboog, Luc, 2008. "Recent developments in German corporate governance," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 175-193, September.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2004-014, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Thierno Amadou Barry & Laetitia Lepetit & Amine Tarazi, 2011.
"Ownership structure and risk in publicly held and privately owned Banks,"
- Barry, Thierno Amadou & Lepetit, Laetitia & Tarazi, Amine, 2011. "Ownership structure and risk in publicly held and privately owned banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1327-1340, May.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00590485 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00587856 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristina Boþa-Avram, 2012. "Managerial Ownership, Board Structure And Firm’S Performance: A Review Of Main Findings," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 4, pages 648-656, December.
- Ming-Yuan Chen, 2006. "Managerial ownership and firm performance: an analysis using switching simultaneous-equations models," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 161-181.
- Julio Pindado & Chabela De La Torre, 2004. "Why is ownership endogenous?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(14), pages 901-904.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.