Die Demografi estrategie der Bundesregierung — ein Weg zu mehr Wohlstand?
AbstractHow can Germany maintain its high standard of living as its workforce decreases in number and there are ever fewer skilled workers available? The economic challenge associated with demographic change is to achieve a productivity increase large enough to prevent a decline in the principal indicator of prosperity — per capita GDP. Does the demographic strategy pursued by Germany in 2012 refl ect this central challenge? Only to a certain extent. The core message of this paper is that qualifi cation — in the form of lifelong learning — is a central driver of increased productivity and is, by extension, the sustainable solution for Germany. Copyright ZBW and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Wirtschaftsdienst.
Volume (Year): 93 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Düsternbrooker Weg 120, 24105 Kiel / Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, 20354 Hamburg
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814-520
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=113054
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- P3 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spermann, Alexander, 2014. "Using Online Platforms for Competence Tests: A Component of the Demographic Policy of Germany," IZA Policy Papers 83, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Spermann, Alexander, 2013. "How Does Temporary Agency Work Impact German Agency Workers?," IZA Policy Papers 70, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Spermann, Alexander, 2014. "Online-Portale für Kompetenztests – ein Baustein für die Demografiestrategie Deutschlands," IZA Standpunkte 67, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.