A note on the non-emptiness of the stability set
AbstractPeleg (1978) presents a necessary and sufficient condition for the non-emptiness of the core, by considering quota games. The purpose of this paper is to present a similar result for the non-emptiness of another solution concept introduced by Rubinstein (1980) and called the stability set.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Social Choice and Welfare.
Volume (Year): 17 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: Received: 25 January 1999/Accepted: 6 July 1999
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andjiga, Nicolas Gabriel & Moyouwou, Issofa, 2006. "A note on the non-emptiness of the stability set when individual preferences are weak orders," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 67-76, July.
- Diffo Lambo, Lawrence & Tchantcho, Bertrand & Moulen, Joël, 2009. "A core of voting games with improved foresight," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 214-225, September.
- Roland Pongou & Lawrence Diffo Lambo & Bertrand Tchantcho, 2008. "Cooperation, stability and social welfare under majority rule," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 555-574, June.
- Mathieu Martin & Vincent Merlin, 2006.
"On The Chacteristic Numbers Of Voting Games,"
International Game Theory Review (IGTR),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(04), pages 643-654.
- Mathieu Martin & Vincent Merlin, 2006. "On the Chacteristic Numbers of Voting Games," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 200609, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Vincent Merlin & Matthieu Martin, 2006. "On the Chacteristic Numbers of Voting Games," Post-Print halshs-00010172, HAL.
- Martin, Mathieu & Merlin, Vincent, 2002. "The stability set as a social choice correspondence," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 91-113, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.