Knowledge diffusion dynamics and network properties of face-to-face interactions
AbstractThis paper aims to understand some of the mechanisms which dominate the phenomenon of knowledge diffusion in the process that is called ‘interactive learning’. We examine how knowledge spreads in a network in which agents interact by word of mouth. The social network is structured as a network graph consisting of agents (vertices) and connections (edges) and is situated on a wrapped cellular automata grid forming a torus. The target of this simulation is to test whether knowledge diffuses in a homogeneous way or whether it follows some biased path towards convergence or divergence. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2004
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Evolutionary Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00191/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lorenzo Cassi & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2008.
"The opportunity cost of social relations: On the effectiveness of small worlds,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 77-101, February.
- Lorenzo Cassi & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2005. "The Opportunity Cost of Social Relations: on the Effectiveness of Small Worlds," KITeS Working Papers 175, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Sep 2005.
- Karolina Safarzyńska & Jeroen Bergh, 2010. "Evolutionary models in economics: a survey of methods and building blocks," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 329-373, June.
- Valentyn Panchenko & Sergiy Gerasymchuk & Oleg V. Pavlov, 2013. "Asset Price Dynamics with Heterogeneous Beliefs and Local Network Interactions," Discussion Papers 2013-18, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Andrea Schiffauerova & Catherine Beaudry, 2009. "Canadian nanotechnology innovation networks: intra-cluster, inter-cluster and foreign collaboration," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 119-146.
- Uwe Cantner & Maximilian Goethner & Andreas Meder, 2007. "Prior knowledge and entrepreneurial innovative success," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-052, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Gerasymchuk, S. & Pavlov, O.V., 2010. "Asset Price Dynamics with Local Interactions under Heterogeneous Beliefs," CeNDEF Working Papers 10-02, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Lorenzo Cassi & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2012. "Friends and Rivals: Modelling the Social Relations of Inventors," Working Paper Series 39_12, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Cantner, Uwe & Graf, Holger, 2006.
"The network of innovators in Jena: An application of social network analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 463-480, May.
- Uwe Cantner & Holger Graf, 2004. "The Network of Innovators in Jena: An Application of Social Network Analysis," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 04/2004, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Valentyn Panchenko & Sergiy Gerasymchuk & Oleg V. Pavlov, 2007. "Asset price dynamics with small world interactions under hetereogeneous beliefs," Working Papers 149, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.