A variational approach for pricing options and corporate bonds
AbstractWe show that option prices can always be obtained as the values of simple optimization problems. This easy remark has two consequences: sensitivity analysis is simplified (by applying the envelope theorem) and numerical procedures are improved. We give two examples of applications: options on coupon bonds and corporate bonds.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 9 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Note: Received: February 2, 1995; Revised version May 14, 1996
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Décamps, Jean-Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2000.
"Excessive Continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt,"
IDEI Working Papers
99, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Decamps, Jean-Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2002. "Excessive continuation and dynamic agency costs of debt," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1623-1644, October.
- Jean-Paul Décamps, 2000. "Excessive Continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt," FMG Discussion Papers dp348, Financial Markets Group.
- Decamps, J.-P. & Faure-Grimaud, A., 2000. "Excessive Continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt," Papers 00-533, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Décamps, Jean Paul & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine, 2000. "Excessive continuation and Dynamic Agency Costs of Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 2504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Duffie, Darrell, 2003. "Intertemporal asset pricing theory," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 639-742 Elsevier.
- Duffie, Darrell, 2005. "Credit risk modeling with affine processes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 2751-2802, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.