Existence of Equilibria in the Overlapping Generations Model: The Nontransitive Case
AbstractThis paper investigates the existence of competitive equilibria in dynamic exchange models with countably many periods and countably many agents. At each period the commodity space can be finite or infinite dimensional. The preferences of agents are not assumed to be transitive or complete. A first equilibrium existence theorem is established under the classical assumption that there exists a finite set of non-negligible agents. In the particular case of an overlapping generations model, a second existence theorem allows simultaneously for finite-lived assets and infinite-lived assets and limits the previous assumption to infinite-lived assets. This theorem covers obviously the standard case of an overlapping generations model where the agents have no endowment outside their lifetime.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 4 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Florenzano Monique & Cherif, Imed & Deghdak M, 1992. "Existence of equilibria in the overlapping generations model. the nontransitive case," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9205, CEPREMAP.
- Cherif, I. & Deghdak, M. & Florenzano, M., 1992. "Existence of Equilibria in the Overlapping Generations Model; the Nontransitive Case," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 92-19, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charalambos Aliprantis & Kim Border & Owen Burkinshaw, 1996. "Market economies with many commodities," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 113-185, March.
- William R. Zame & Y.A. Abramovich & C.D. Aliprantis, 1994.
"A Representation Theorem for Riesz Spaces and its Applications to Economics,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
725, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Abramovich, Y A & Aliprantis, C D & Zame, W R, 1995. "A Representation Theorem for Riesz Spaces and Its Applications to Economics," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 527-35, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.